• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things we learned about the Hawks after they losing 4 straight games

Bonkers

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It is good to see that all the previous Hunter hate is starting to disappear!

Inaccurate word there. A lot of Dre fans here and now his defense is more and more sound. A strong pick for us.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry to sound like @Sothron but why did he tag me since I've never said any of these things?

I'm literally dumb founded.  You asked in your post what over the top stuff people said.  I quoted your question because I thought it was an interesting one and gave you my answer.

I never tagged you.  Tagging you is @yournamehere

Do you know the difference between a quote and a tag?

What are you talking about?

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't think Hunter is a primary scorer yet.

I agree.  He is vastly improved this year but part of that is because he isn't asked to be a primary scorer.  He is smartly taking advantage of what the defense offers and not over extending.  That is a really good way to contribute to the team and I don't think we need to push him to overextend himself.  Keep taking smart shots and playing where and how you can be successful.

(I have not tagged anyone in this post.)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm literally dumb founded.  You asked in your post what over the top stuff people said.  I quoted your question because I thought it was an interesting one and gave you my answer.

Because he tagged me in the previous post

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Not saying he isn't a valuable asset but let's not pretend that his play is not the reason for our current losing streak..Or that he doesn't need to improve his game.

Who has said that? It's the over top stuff you guys go through to prove your points.   You are doing what you accuse others are doing to John Collins. 

He quoted me and says that I made some over the top statement....I then ask who are you talking about.  He then quoted me again and claimed that one of my comments was over the top...I was surprised that he considered my comment over the top.  You then quoted me and added what someone else said so I was attempting to make a joke.

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I know there's a level of competition angle here, but I think this is interesting....

In 5 Wins:  Hawks are +14.8 per game 

In 5 Losses: Hawks are -6.0 per game. 

So when things are clicking offensively, they win pretty comfortably, but when they aren't it's usually a close game. Think about how abjectly poor some players games have been during the 4 game losing streak and yet they lost those 4 games by a total of 26 pts (4.5/gm).  Gives me optimism for the season as I am assuming the team will not collectively play poor offensively for any consistent time. And once they get Gallo and Rondo back, the offense will get even better.  

Surprised it was only a total of 26 points with all the threes and bunnies we have missed. Should add the turnovers to that as well. Shored a bit up in last night's win. Enjoyed it.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Who has said that? It's the over top stuff you guys go through to prove your points.   You are doing what you accuse others are doing to John Collins. 

He quoted me and says that I made some over the top statement....I then ask who are you talking about.  He then quoted me again and claimed that one of my comments was over the top...I was surprised that he considered my comment over the top.  You then quoted me and added what someone else said so I was attempting to make a joke.

I think I'm just getting more confused.  If you want me to look into this, can you quote the posts you are talking about?  Sorry for missing your point here.

What I learned is Hunter is going to be really good and is worthy of that #4 pick. Capela is as advertised also. Capela is 3rd in total rebounds and 2nd in offensive rebounds. If you want to know why the Hawks are #2 in TRB and #1 in ORB, look no further than Hunter's improved rebounding and Capela being added to the lineup.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

What I learned is Hunter is going to be really good and is worthy of that #4 pick. Capela is as advertised also. Capela is 3rd in total rebounds and 2nd in offensive rebounds. If you want to know why the Hawks are #2 in TRB and #1 in ORB, look no further than Hunter's improved rebounding and Capela being added to the lineup.

I love everything about Hunter this year but the rebounding doesn't get mentioned enough. He was awful last year and him doing it well now is big for us. 

• Like 3