• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UK Wildcat incident

Thomas

A Kentucky sheriff apparently torched some of the basketball team's gear. His protest of the team taking a knee against violence. His comment after his actions right here. 

“I honestly can’t believe a team from Kentucky ( the Hillbilly State ) took a knee to our National Anthem with the American flag displayed!” Root wrote. ... “The UK apparel and memorabilia is gone tomorrow and until we get a real man to lead the cats and a real team you will not see me back in no UK junk and if you do just come right up and hit me square in the mouth!!!!”

• Moderators
8 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

People like this are completely missing the point of why they are kneeling... they are not disrespecting the flag, America, or the constitution. They are simply doing the minimum against social and racial injustice.

Doubly so here where they were kneeling specifically because of the violence and loss of life in DC.  It wasn't even a general statement about social justice which is sometimes a hard and abstract thing for people to grasp.  Everyone should understand on a much more visceral level what happened in DC.

Calipari specifically addressed the military thing:

"It was all the images that they saw, and they wanted to have their voice heard, and I said, well, ‘Tell me what it's about,” he said, per ESPN. “They talked to me about it. Then they said, ‘We'd like you to kneel with us,’ which I did.

“I held my heart but I did kneel with them because I support the guys. But it wasn't about military. Six of these players come from military families.”