• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No Cam tonight...who get's the start?

Very worried about Cam since he has regressed from probable to questionable to doubful in the matter of one day.

And hasn't his Achilles been an issue previously this season. I recall him missing at least 1 game due to achilles soreness.

Either way, I presume that Snell would rightfully get the start if Cam cant go tonight

Also, just because Rondo is available, doesn't mean he will play. I fell for that once this season already

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, this isn't good if JC isn't cleared today - how long is typical concussion protocol?

SIGH!

Pierce is probably praying that the medical staff puts john in the protocol so he can save his job by blaming the team's losses on key injuries.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, this isn't good if JC isn't cleared today - how long is typical concussion protocol?

SIGH!

The NFL uses a protocol that allows players to be back in a week since games are only once a week, but it's less ideal for the NBA with games every other day.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

The NFL uses a protocol that allows players to be back in a week since games are only once a week, but it's less ideal for the NBA with games every other day.

This is what I found:

A player in the concussion protocol program can’t return to the floor until the following:

• He is without concussion-related symptoms at rest.
  • He has been evaluated by a physician.
  • He has successfully completed the NBA return-to-participation exertion protocol.
  • A team physician has discussed the return-to-participation process and decision with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

Ultimately, the decision as to when a player will return will be made by the team physician.

1.  The return to participation protocol involves several steps of increasing exertion – from a stationary bike, to jogging, to agility work, to non-contact team drills.
  2. With each step, a player must be symptom free to move to the next step. If a player is not symptom free after a step, he stops until he is symptom free and begins again at the previous step of the protocol (i.e., the last step he passed without any symptoms).
  3. It’s important to note that there is no time frame to complete the protocol. Each injury and player is different and recovery time can vary in each case.