Injury Updates?

capstone21

Cam Reddish is OUT tonight, Lloyd Pierce says. John Collins (concussion protocol) is still TBD.

This guy never gets injured in the game(obviously because he cant play through pain), but always misses games here and there..Does he injure himself at practice(we rarely practice) or at home? smh
Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what I found:

A player in the concussion protocol program can’t return to the floor until the following:

• He is without concussion-related symptoms at rest.
  • He has been evaluated by a physician.
  • He has successfully completed the NBA return-to-participation exertion protocol.
  • A team physician has discussed the return-to-participation process and decision with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

Ultimately, the decision as to when a player will return will be made by the team physician.

1.  The return to participation protocol involves several steps of increasing exertion – from a stationary bike, to jogging, to agility work, to non-contact team drills.
  2. With each step, a player must be symptom free to move to the next step. If a player is not symptom free after a step, he stops until he is symptom free and begins again at the previous step of the protocol (i.e., the last step he passed without any symptoms).
  3. It’s important to note that there is no time frame to complete the protocol. Each injury and player is different and recovery time can vary in each case.

I wonder if John said he was feeling funny or if they just thought it was necessary because he took an elbow to the head. Obviously players take shots to the head and face often in games and are not removed.

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, this isn't good if JC isn't cleared today - how long is typical concussion protocol?

SIGH!

Possibly out through the break? Lloyd now has another excuse..lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I wonder if John said he was feeling funny or if they just thought it was necessary because he took an elbow to the head. Obviously players take shots to the head and face often in games and are not removed.

I'm still looking for the play.  I remember Bob saying he looked shaken up - I remember it was close to the half.

13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The Speedy contract. One of the worst ever.

I wonder.  Because he was injured and unable to play when we signed him, is his $$$ payroll covered by insurance?  If so, we're OK.  The insurace company will be the one hurting.  Sure, we could have an open slot on the roster.  What would we do with it?

If he recovers and is able to contribute after the break, that will be great.  We desperately need all the help that we can get.  Blowing that game last night pointed this out to everyone.

:cry:

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I wonder.  Because he was injured and unable to play when we signed him, is his $$$ payroll covered by insurance?  If so, we're OK.  The insurace company will be the one hurting.  Sure, we could have an open slot on the roster.  What would we do with it?

If he recovers and is able to contribute after the break, that will be great.  We desperately need all the help that we can get.  Blowing that game last night pointed this out to everyone.

:cry:

Only the top 5 player contracts are insured - Gallo, Clint, Bogi, Snell and Rondo are our top 5 earners. 

Hawks can get a DPE (Disabled Player Exception) but that's only if 'Done' is out for the rest of the year. It'll be for 50% of his salary, $2.35 mil that the Hawks can use to sign a player, trade for one, pick one up off waivers etc. It doesn't offer the Hawks any salary relief.  We'd also need a roster spot to get anyone using the DPE. 

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'll see Bogi after the Allstar Break.  They'll want him to go thru practices before playing in a game.

Dunn is Done!

@lethalweapon3 dubbed him "Dunn" a few weeks ago iirc.

On Dunn, I know he basically signed a cheaper deal than he could've.  Check what Melton got vs what Dunn got.  His injury could be the reason he jumped at our offer.  Turns out we basically signed him for the 2nd year, not the 1st unfortunately.

• Like 2