• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

Just so important to get a healthy Hunter back. Understand there will be a twenty minutes restriction but he is so trustable on both ends. Maybe thirty plus minutes by the Playoffs?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

You guys do realize he has been out for 6 weeks right?  Something is not right. 

What?

No, he had surgery Feb 8th - Monday coming  will be 4 weeks since the surgery. Which will be halfway to the minimum 8 week mark for his return.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What?

No, he had surgery Feb 8th - Monday coming  will be 4 weeks since the surgery. Which will be halfway to the minimum 8 week mark for his return.

True, but he was out about two weeks before that.  Your Kirschner update provided some of what I was looking for though which is that he is actively on his feet working out. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

True, but he was out about two weeks before that.  Your Kirschner update provided some of what I was looking for though which is that he is actively on his feet working out. 

Why count the weeks before the surgery though? There is an established timeline from the surgery date, not from when he was originally injured.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why count the weeks before the surgery though? There is an established timeline from the surgery date, not from when he was originally injured.

I feel like with their decision to not do the second PRP, things might be going well. My guess is he comes back April 4th after the long road trip.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I feel like with their decision to not do the second PRP, things might be going well. My guess is he comes back April 4th after the long road trip.

I agree. I just hope he is able to get back into basketball shape pretty quickly. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I understand that but the guy basically had a knee scope. From what I understand about the surgery, doctors want the patients get back on their feet as soon as possible. Also, the type of surgery he had was specifically to get rid of the pain he was feeling. It stands to reason that if he has less pain than before he went under surgery and doctors want him to get on his knee as soon as possible he should be some where walking around or working out. He has been ghost for awhile now.  Glad we have an update now. 

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I understand that but the guy basically had a knee scope. From what I understand about the surgery, doctors want the patients get back on their feet as soon as possible. Also, the type of surgery he had was specifically to get rid of the pain he was feeling. It stands to reason that if he has less pain than before he went under surgery and doctors want him to get on his knee as soon as possible he should be some where walking around or working out. He has been ghost for awhile now.  Glad we have an update now. 

I had a left knee scope for a torn meniscus and doc wanted me putting weight on it next day. Without crutches. Was running 5ks again 2 months later.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

I had a left knee scope for a torn meniscus and doc wanted me putting weight on it next day. Without crutches. Was running 5ks again 2 months later.  

Thank you. Someone understands me. I am questioning the medical staff and front office on these injuries because they seem to be purposely slow walking the injuries.  I know Emory has a reputation to protect so they are always going to err on the side of caution, but the player and the coach have the ultimate say on when it is right to get back out there. Pierce mentioned in one of his old pressers that he has no idea when players will be available and he just coaches whoever is out there. That seemed like a weird comment to me because he was clearly frustrated when he said it. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I'm not sure why you would think he was laid up and not working out and rehabbing at the Emory facility though. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

So was Hunter, at the facilty the next day.

1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

Because there were no reports. 

The reports are there. All season long, the Hawks have been providing injury updates on players roughly every 2 weeks, Hunter was no different. His last update was around Feb. 18th, today is 2 weeks since, right on schedule. Just like the report today said he will be evaluated again on March 19 - 2 weeks, again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So was Hunter, at the facilty the next day.

The reports are there. All season long, the Hawks have been providing injury updates on players roughly every 2 weeks, Hunter was no different. His last update was around Feb. 18th, today is 2 weeks since, right on schedule. Just like the report today said he will be evaluated again on March 19 - 2 weeks, again.

This will be last comment on this. I saw no reports for 4 weeks that stated he was working out anywhere or why he wasn't traveling with the team. I wanted to know the answer to that.  The latest reports after I had my questions, provide some clarity on that. Thanks for posting the articles here. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

This will be last comment on this. I saw no reports for 4 weeks that stated he was working out anywhere or why he wasn't traveling with the team. I wanted to know the answer to that.  The latest reports after I had my questions, provide some clarity on that. Thanks for posting the articles here. 

No prob. Report from 2 weeks ago:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1