• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather they take the cautious approach with an achilles.  If the 4-6 weeks is true, he'll be back sometime in mid April which will be with 15 or so games left in the season.  They can take their time if needed to work him in slowly and play him spot minutes to get his conditioning back.  We may need his defense in the playoffs even if his shot is broken.

This is the only way to do it if you ask me. 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So the Selltics have "shown interest" in Collins?  Shiiiiii, I've shown interest in JLo.  Where's that get me?

Let's combine rumors.  Selltics-Collins, Hawks-wing guys .............. Collins to BOS for Carsen Edwards.

How's that strike you, Sully?

"Bwah, only if the Hwawwwks add a couple firsts." - Sully

Langford, Nesmith or Ojeleye dont strike your fancy?

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Langford, Nesmith or Ojeleye dont strike your fancy?

I like Nesmith, seems a paltry sum for Collins though even as a rFA.  I can't see Nesmith supplanting Snell right now.  Good prospect who still needs development.  For better or worse, we need contributing wings.

Them other dudes'll be available for ball racks or color copiers soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like Nesmith, seems a paltry sum for Collins though even as a rFA.  I can't see Nesmith supplanting Snell right now.  Good prospect who still needs development.  For better or worse, we need contributing wings.

Them other dudes'll be available for ball racks or color copiers soon.

What about Pritchard, Nesmith, Smart and 2FRPs

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Are we just talking hypotheticals?  'Cause I don't think there's any way strAinge offers multiple 1sts for a rFA.  I also think there's no way strAinge offers any of his actual prospects for Collins.

In reality, that offer never comes because that would be a clear win for Atlanta.  Boston, by all accounts, only trades when they are the clear trade winner.  Which is why they rarely deal anything of substance.

If we're talking hypothetically, sure that would be an excellent deal.  I can take or leave Pritchard.  I'm not high on him.  Just sign the all-time great, TJ McConnell if that's the type of player you want.  At least he has experience. 😏

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I just don't think we are in a place of quantity over quality and Boston's FRPs don't look like they are particularly great.  Now is not the time to build depth and add future mediocre picks if the cost is giving up one of your 4 best players.  (And frankly moving Snell for Prichard and Nesmith would represent a downgrade to our depth for this season.)  At the beginning of our rebuild something like this could have made sense if we had been willing to move Sap but I just don't see it for where we are today.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Are we just talking hypotheticals?  'Cause I don't think there's any way strAinge offers multiple 1sts for a rFA.  I also think there's no way strAinge offers any of his actual prospects for Collins.

In reality, that offer never comes because that would be a clear win for Atlanta.  Boston, by all accounts, only trades when they are the clear trade winner.  Which is why they rarely deal anything of substance.

If we're talking hypothetically, sure that would be an excellent deal.  I can take or leave Pritchard.  I'm not high on him.  Just sign the all-time great, TJ McConnell if that's the type of player you want.  At least he has experience. 😏

You must really love Smart if you don't like Pritchard.  Nesmith and his 6.4 PER doesn't move the needle in a big way.  So then  you are down to two future first round picks that are very likely to be somewhere in the 20's and Smart who is an UFA after next season.

I just don't see it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

3 quarters, 2 dimes, and a nickle - still equal a dollar but it's just quantity.  That's like me trying to trick my sister when we were younger that she should take the 1 bigger coin in the nickle vs the dime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Have no reason to doubt Shams, but besides the new bad news for Cam, I'm surprised that an actual Hawks beat writer didn't beat him to that intel. Suppose it must have been relayed by another GM in the midst of a trade proposal conversation (?).

And I thought most everyone was happy with our wing depth anyhow... so much so, that Cam was going to find it difficult to get any minutes upon his return... why is this now a concern? Snell was going to get Cam's minutes anyhow, no?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Have no reason to doubt Shams, but besides the new bad news for Cam, I'm surprised that an actual Hawks beat writer didn't beat him to that intel. Suppose it must have been relayed by another GM in the midst of a trade proposal conversation (?).

And I thought most everyone was happy with our wing depth anyhow... so much so, that Cam was going to find it difficult to get any minutes upon his return... why is this now a concern? Snell was going to get Cam's minutes anyhow, no?

I think its a minor concern in case another injury occurs. Dunn has not played a game nor showed he can consistently either; which is a worry for me. Next man up mentality; you need to have a next man up.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We should be ok without Clint in this game, particularly because of this 

Oh my.... wow. For those wondering, that's ALL of their top guys except Oladipo. Kevin Porter Jr will be featured as the number 2 option it looks like.

That's a terrible amount of injuries...  trap game? I hope  not

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sturt said:

Besides the obvious hit to depth and Cam's development, the other reason so many are probably upset is because it means we get to continue to see Solomon freakin Hill log way more minutes than he should.

• Premium Member

Games Missed due to injury:
John Collins - 0
Solomon Hill - 0
Kevin Huerter - 0
Trae Young - 2
Clint Capela - 5
Danilo Gallinari -12
Onyeka Okongwu - 12 (+9 DNP-CD)
Cam Reddish - 13
Tony Snell - 13
Rajon Rondo - 16