Injury Updates?

capstone21

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

An absolute disaster of a season for Reddish based on our excitement for him coming into the year, no way to sugarcoat it. 

I still like him a lot. I have tempered my expectations but given the way his season has gone, I really cannot get a read on him. Some of that is due to Cam, some due to injuries, and some due to LP.

It does totally suck he could not be healthy now that Nate is running the show,

13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

An absolute disaster of a season for Reddish based on our excitement for him coming into the year, no way to sugarcoat it. 

He's been dealing with this injury all year. Its not an excuse but he's been on the injury report with this injury since the beginning of the year.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's been dealing with this injury all year. Its not an excuse but he's been on the injury report with this injury since the beginning of the year.

Cam missed 3 games in mid January with a left knee injury.  He was then back on the inury report for the January 26th game with the achilles for the first time.  He has been out with it since February 23rd. 

I feel for him - he is missing valuable developmental time.  Hope he heels up well.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam missed 3 games in mid January with a left knee injury.  He was then back on the inury report for the January 26th game with the achilles for the first time.  He has been out with it since February 23rd. 

I feel for him - he is missing valuable developmental time.  Hope he heels up well.

For some reason I thought I saw this injury on the injury report in the preseason. Maybe I am wrong

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Games Missed due to injury:
John Collins - 0
Solomon Hill - 0
Kevin Huerter - 0
Trae Young - 2
Clint Capela - 5
Danilo Gallinari -12
Onyeka Okongwu - 12 (+9 DNP-CD)
Cam Reddish - 13
Tony Snell - 13
Rajon Rondo - 16
De'Andre Hunter - 21
Bogdan Bogdanovic - 25
Chris Dunn - 39

Drinking from my glass half full cup this morning, I'll say it's a dang good thing Trae and JC only missed 2 games combined.  Imagine if JC and Trae had missed a combined 28 games but Rondo and Gallo has missed only 2.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

In coach/GM speak it often does. You know they don't like to give injury timelines, and are intentionally vague. 

I've read they do this so as not to put pressure on the players to meet a specific date to get back.  So it's a timeline as opposed to a specific date.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've read they do this so as not to put pressure on the players to meet a specific date to get back.  So it's a timeline as opposed to a specific date.

Remember Capela's foot from last year. That was supposed to be a "couple weeks." We were tanking though, so there was no need to bring him back.

• Premium Member

To be clear...

Shams' quote indicated 4-6 weeks, ostensibly from last week's procedure since that was also part of the tweet.

That would be discernibly different from the GM saying today "a couple of weeks." In fact, if anything, this GM (like most) has tended to offer overestimates rather than underestimates.

So. I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

To be clear...

Shams' quote indicated 4-6 weeks, ostensibly from last week's procedure since that was also part of the tweet.

That would be discernibly different from the GM saying today "a couple of weeks." In fact, if anything, this GM (like most) has tended to offer overestimates rather than underestimates.

So. I'm confused.

That's a tricky injury, less predictable than say an ankle or knee sprain. They probably don't know exactly when he'll be back.

• Like 1