• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member

"In fact, if anything, this GM (like most) has tended to offer overestimates rather than underestimates."

And. Not like he's been bashful to say, "we're not sure."

The easy conclusion is that there's reason to be skeptical of Shams' report.

37 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Drinking from my glass half full cup this morning, I'll say it's a dang good thing Trae and JC only missed 2 games combined.  Imagine if JC and Trae had missed a combined 28 games but Rondo and Gallo has missed only 2.   

200.webp?cid=ecf05e473ad26t3mkajki10k3y2

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Games Missed due to injury:
John Collins - 0
Solomon Hill - 0
Kevin Huerter - 0
Trae Young - 2
Clint Capela - 5
Danilo Gallinari -12
Onyeka Okongwu - 12 (+9 DNP-CD)
Cam Reddish - 13
Tony Snell - 13
Rajon Rondo - 16
De'Andre Hunter - 21
Bogdan Bogdanovic - 25
Chris Dunn - 39

Man, can't believe Hunter has missed so many games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Remember Capela's foot from last year. That was supposed to be a "couple weeks." We were tanking though, so there was no need to bring him back.

Sorry, just saw this. Please see my PM... thx.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Drinking from my glass half full cup this morning, I'll say it's a dang good thing Trae and JC only missed 2 games combined.  Imagine if JC and Trae had missed a combined 28 games but Rondo and Gallo has missed only 2.   

Trae and JC get knocked for being slight built for their respective positions, but them not carrying a bunch of excess bulk really helps them when it comes to avoiding injury.

How many times has Trae turned an ankle just to be back in no time? When you only have to put 180 lbs on it you can heal faster than a 215lb PG. 

Plus, being thin seems to make them more elastic and not so stiff as to break things easily. Like how Matt Ryan would suffer some of the ugliest looking sacks and bounce right back up. JC took a nasty fall against the Cavs and shook it off no problem.

Just another reason JC has value, he is durable and available. Clint is the man, but those feet are always going to be a problem it seems. Even after a year plus to recover.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae and JC get knocked for being slight built for their respective positions, but them not carrying a bunch of excess bulk really helps them when it comes to avoiding injury.

How many times has Trae turned an ankle just to be back in no time? When you only have to put 180 lbs on it you can heal faster than a 215lb PG. 

Plus, being thin seems to make them more elastic and not so stiff as to break things easily. Like how Matt Ryan would suffer some of the ugliest looking sacks and bounce right back up. JC took a nasty fall against the Cavs and shook it off no problem.

Just another reason JC has value, he is durable and available. Clint is the man, but those feet are always going to be a problem it seems. Even after a year plus to recover.

Please don't jinx them.  I thought about that after I created the list. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Man, can't believe Hunter has missed so many games.

Hes missed almost as many as Collins suspension last season..Our luck man......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

However, interim head coach Nate McMillan joined Andy and Randy with contrary reports Hunter would be on the court that soon.

Question: Is De'Andre Hunter going to play tomorrow?

"I haven't heard that," McMillan told Andy and Randy. "He has been working out, he's getting closer, but playing tomorrow? That's something we haven't really talked much about."

"I think the conversation before going on the road trip was hopefully he'll be able to join us on this eight game road trip we have coming up. I haven't seen him since returning last night. We have a practice later today, and I'll get more information on his health and where he's at and what's the plan moving forward. We'll be excited to get him back as soon as possible, whenever that may be."