• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Crazy. This is the most injury riddled I can ever remember a Hawks team. 85 games missed by our starters. 105 games misseed by our top 6 players. 

Only silver lining is none are season ending, so there's still hope. But time is running out for some of these guys. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

First, the games are compressed closer together, so if a player is out for one week, he may miss five games instead of three or four. Second, from the Hawks’ perspective, it has been hard on their bodies — in addition to playing every other day, they’re getting less rest, waking up early in the morning to do COVID-19 testing. Third, playing every other day affords little to no practice time, since high-minute players can’t full-on scrimmage or do much with contact when they’ve got another game looming.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallo and Snell sighting - not listed as out.

If Capela and Gallo can both play, I'll be ecstatic.  We can't afford to lose many more games to injury.... especially against the teams we're competing with for position.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Best possible news!!

From my quick googling.  It takes about 48 hours for the swelling to go down.  However, Hawks training staff may keep him out about week to make sure he's fully recovered and there's no discomfort.  This is the best news we could have hoped for.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

From my quick googling.  It takes about 48 hours for the swelling to go down.  However, Hawks training staff may keep him out about week to make sure he's fully recovered and there's no discomfort.  This is the best news we could have hoped for.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I don't know about the whole swelling thing, it may not be swollen but could still be painful. Hopefully he has a quick recovery, but Snell had his ankle injury April 9th, injury report 4 days later on the 13th indicated he no longer had swelling....yet today the 21st he's still out, tomorrow will be 2 weeks since his injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, I don't know about the whole swelling thing, it may not be swollen but could still be painful. Hopefully he has a quick recovery, but Snell had his ankle injury April 9th, injury report 4 days later on the 13th indicated he no longer had swelling....yet today the 21st he's still out, tomorrow will be 2 weeks since his injury.

Facts. Typically recovery is different than NBA recovery. And NBA recovery is different than Hawks recovery lol

Trae will fight to come back sooner than later, and they may let him.

Now Gallo and Snell, Im interested to see if they put some pressure on the staff to stop dragging out their "soreness" and let them suit up with Trae out.

We may have a worst case scenario on Friday with ALL of the listed names on the report having to sit out. But maybe we see up to 4 names return by Sunday or Monday.

I'm praying for fast recoveries and hopefully Dunn and Hunter upgraded to doubtful or questionable next week sometime

• Like 3