• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Wow, dude is everything ok? Wtf did Trae do to you bro?

I just can’t stand his game bro.  That’s all. My track record of identifying wildly overrated star players is pretty solid in my 13 years here.  I can’t put on the rose colored glasses just because he wears a Hawk jersey.  He’s an affront to sound 5 man basketball, far too small to be some playoff alternative when 5 man ball fails.  I couldn’t stand Joe Johnson even he was a far better focal option.

I’m just super critical when most aren’t.  Y’all know how I feel about Steph, I’m the first to say his season this year isn’t anything special because it’s one of his worst defensive campaigns.  I simply don’t care how much or how you score when there are evident instances where you’re responsible for giving the points right back because the passing lanes are open, driving lanes are unimpeded, and shooting spaces are comfortable around you too often.

The body language of the players and the hidden messages in Nate’s comments are clear to me if not to most.  No one in that locker room likes playing with him more than without.  It’s basketball philosophy 101: the highest usage player CANNOT be your weakest, lowest effort defender.  It just isn’t sustainable.  Those type of players will have singular, fleeting moments in the playoffs (Lilliard, Carmelo, Westbrook, Harden, Nash) but nothing lasting.  Then they finish out the peak of their careers then the downside forcing trades or getting guys traded trying to chase some ring that will supposedly cement their legacy, proving how selfish they are.

Great coaches (like Nate) prefer PG-by-committee anyway.  Isaiah and Joe Dumars.  The Bulls bringing in Ron Harper.  Manu on the ball with Parker off.  Draymond always leading the Warriors in assists. Spo empowering Chalmers while forcing Lebron off the ball.  I think the world of Chris Paul but could never understand why he had the ball exclusively in LA.  Kevin and Bogi are superior range shooters, Goodwin is much tougher, Lou much more experienced.  Trae’s offensive impact can be replicated quite easily while strengthening the team defensive chain.  Nate called it a fist but same thing.  

I see people say “oh he’s better on defense/ he’s trying/ his bad defense is way overblown”  Sh@tting me he’s abominable 90% of the time.

I love his floater and his FT shooting.  His passing creativity has fallen off significantly since his rookie campaign; I truly thought he was Magic-level.  His timing and handle and foul drawing (the quantity, certainly not the quality) is cool yada yada, even though he doesn’t get Bigs in foul trouble.  His three point shooting has never been impressive to me (especially without a dribbling head fake to freeze defenders far away from the hoop), his long misses sap team energy every time and it seems he’ll never understand that corner threes are the easiest attempts.  No off ball presence whatsoever, that’s probably the kicker for me.  Steph has set the historic example of how a scoring PG should conduct himself off ball and it’s like Trae isn’t even paying attention.  Can’t guard any scoring guards nor hold his own on switches.  Arguably the worst defender in the league who can’t finish a fast break layup with a trailing defender, set a decent screen, nor get over one has the nerve to clearly call a referee a “bi&@h a$$ *****” but play this good guy, “all I wanna do is win” role?   He’s a fraud.  It’s just a blast seeing team ball without his crying to the refs about someone brushing up against him or allowing dribble drives in succession leading to timeouts.

Edited by benhillboy

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I just can’t stand his game bro.  That’s all. My track record of identifying wildly overrated star players is pretty solid in my 13 years here.  I can’t put on the rose colored glasses just because he wears a Hawk jersey.  He’s an affront to sound 5 man basketball, far too small to be some playoff alternative when 5 man ball fails.  I couldn’t stand Joe Johnson even he was a far better focal option.

I’m just super critical when most aren’t.  Y’all know how I feel about Steph, I’m the first to say his season this year isn’t anything special because it’s one of his worst defensive campaigns.  I simply don’t care how much or how you score when there are evident instances where you’re responsible for giving the points right back because the passing lanes are open, driving lanes are unimpeded, and shooting spaces are comfortable around you too often.

The body language of the players and the hidden messages in Nate’s comments are clear to me if not to most.  No one in that locker room likes playing with him more than without.  It’s basketball philosophy 101: the highest usage player CANNOT be your weakest, lowest effort defender.  It just isn’t sustainable.  Those type of players will have singular, fleeting moments in the playoffs (Lilliard, Carmelo, Westbrook, Harden, Nash) but nothing lasting.  Then they finish out the peak of their careers then the downside forcing trades or getting guys traded trying to chase some ring that will supposedly cement their legacy, proving how selfish they are.

Great coaches (like Nate) prefer PG-by-committee anyway.  Isaiah and Joe Dumars.  The Bulls bringing in Ron Harper.  Manu on the ball with Parker off.  Draymond always leading the Warriors in assists. Spo empowering Chalmers while forcing Lebron off the ball.  I think the world of Chris Paul but could never understand why he had the ball exclusively in LA.  Kevin and Bogi are superior range shooters, Goodwin is much tougher, Lou much more experienced.  Trae’s offensive impact can be replicated quite easily while strengthening the team defensive chain.  Nate called it a fist but same thing.  

I see people say “oh he’s better on defense/ he’s trying/ his bad defense is way overblown”  Sh@tting me he’s abominable 90% of the time.

I love his floater and his FT shooting.  His passing creativity has fallen off significantly since his rookie campaign; I truly thought he was Magic-level.  His timing and handle and foul drawing (the quantity, certainly not the quality) is cool yada yada, even though he doesn’t get Bigs in foul trouble.  His three point shooting has never been impressive to me (especially without a dribbling head fake to freeze defenders far away from the hoop), his long misses sap team energy every time and it seems he’ll never understand that corner threes are the easiest attempts.  No off ball presence whatsoever, that’s probably the kicker for me.  Steph has set the historic example of how a scoring PG should conduct himself off ball and it’s like Trae isn’t even paying attention.  Can’t guard any scoring guards nor hold his own on switches.  Arguably the worst defender in the league who can’t finish a fast break layup with a trailing defender, set a decent screen, nor get over one has the nerve to clearly call a referee a “bi&@h a$$ *****” but play this good guy, “all I wanna do is win” role?   He’s a fraud.  It’s just a blast seeing team ball without his crying to the refs about someone brushing up against him or allowing dribble drives in succession leading to timeouts.

You could have saved the time and just said, "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>  I  HATE TRAE>"  

LOL  

I hope you are truly miserable for the next decade watching Trae lead the Hawks in the playoffs.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Thanks for letting us know where you stand. We will enjoy every great thing about his game as we we go on to be perennial winners in the NBA.   Every single player in the NBA has flaws in their game. Trae is a Hawk and that’s why we choose to focus on the things he does well.  It is a much more enjoyable experience. 

BENHILLBOY

I see where you are coming from.  Basketball is a team sport.  Trae has not yet completely embraced this idea.  Sometimes he seems to go off on his own.  Example:  That extra long bomb, early in the clock, with no one around to rebound if he misses.

The thing is, he is still young and learning.  He's not really a mature, veteran player.  He's still learning the ends and outs of the NBA game.  He will learn and improve.  I can see where he's improved this season.  Don't sell him short.  He's not all everything.  But, he's pretty good at what he does.

We all have our good days and our bad days.  Not all of Trae's games will be great.  Neither will they all be terrible.  This is why the team concept is so vital.  Players can and do help and support each other.

:smug:

• Like 3

Ah man imagine this season with a fully healthy De’andre. His injury is worrying but maybe they are holding him back until a couple games before the playoffs.

Maybe if we were fighting out to just make the playoffs whether some of these who are injured would have been forced back earlier. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I just can’t stand his game bro.  

I think there is some merit to what you say and Trae very well could flop in the playoffs, but your feelings on Curry pretty much prove you're not the most rational person on the subject matter.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Though I can’t really agree with most of this, @benhillboy isn’t just trying to piss us off. There are some valid points here. Some seem a little too harsh..like the Joe takes back in the day, but you have a good feel for how you like to see the game played and I respect that. Just throwing in my .0008 cents on all of this.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, High5 said:

I think there is some merit to what you say and Trae very well could flop in the playoffs, but your feelings on Curry pretty much prove you're not the most rational person on the subject matter.

There is no merit to what he says. Let him get out there and try to do what Trae does. 

• Thanks 1

Trae has flaws and is far from a perfect player, but @benhillboy isn't being rational with his opinion. The fact that he thinks a collection of 2 guards and backup pgs can replicate the productivy of Trae is evidence enough that he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's entitled to his opinion but no one has to actually give him any credence or take him seriously. 

I honestly thought he was just trolling but now I know he just hates Trae for whatever reason. I've always said if you can't acknowledge the attributes of a player while being critical I have no interest in your opinion. Trae is a top 25 player in the NBA and Benny acts like hes Acie Law. 

Nah.....no interest in that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Collins has a couple key points here.

1. His game is being a defensive monster and he will do that right away. Can you imagine him and Okongwu bottling up the opposing PG and Center off the pine 🌲? Yikes!

2. Dunn has visibly been the biggest cheerleader the Hawks have had since one, KENT BABY 👶 BAZE THE LEGEND OF THE GAZE! 👀 

• Like 2