• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Their absence from the team including offseason before they were drafted and the covid offseason in which they really couldn’t work out with anybody. 

Sorry - I think the part that is confusing me is the connection to LP.  Is the connection that his team's didn't perform as well as they might have had AH and CR not missed time with injury or is the connection that LP didn't do enough to keep them healthy or something else?

I personally don't blame him for their injuries / missed time and don't think the fact that they were injured led to his firing.  I can better understand the idea that the team's performance got him fired and they would have done better with those two healthy but I still don't think it would have changed things for him since he wasn't performing up to par this season even when you account for the team's health.

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We need them back, last night was embarrassing.

In my opinion, per Schlenk's "end of the week" prediction, they were always shooting for a Saturday return for Trae and Dre. I think obviously Kev and Bogi's injury were not expected and they were hoping we could make it through the 2 Philly games before bringing everyone else back. We are a little more desperate right now though I would say.

I say all that to say, Bogi comes back tomorrow likely, but that's probably it until Saturday if I had to bet.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I personally don't blame him for their injuries / missed time and don't think the fact that they were injured led to his firing.  I can better understand the idea that the team's performance got him fired and they would have done better with those two healthy but I still don't think it would have changed things for him since he wasn't performing up to par this season even when you account for the team's health.

^^this. Loyd was brought here to develop with the young team. He needed time too. When the development got off schedule due to injuries to his young players (and John’s suspension) it reduced the development time for Pierce himself. Add in that they didn’t finish last season and didn't go to the bubble, it really hurt his chances of being successful early this year. He just didn’t have enough experience to manufacture wins with a beat up squad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We may need them back, but no sense in bringing them back unless they are ready and going to be effective contributors. 

I'd rather take another loss now and have them get extra rest and treatment to be ready for the last 8 games and playoffs.

Yep...Chicago game is a must win..Id rather everyone suit up on Saturday..I'd go BG/Skylar/Solo/Knight/OO vs the Sixers..lol. We need to be healthy for the final 8...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yep...Chicago game is a must win..Id rather everyone suit up on Saturday..I'd go BG/Skylar/Solo/Knight/OO vs the Sixers..lol. We need to be healthy for the final 8...

We need to dress at least 8 players for a game.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Why not the final nine? If they are ready to go, let them play. 

Based on today's report - it does not say ready, but 'undecided regarding their status'. Also considering we have a back to back Friday and Saturday.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need to dress at least 8 players for a game.

Lou/Bruno/Dunn

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why not the final nine? If they are ready to go, let them play. 

Meh. We're not beating the Sixers unless fully healthy imo. No need to risk more injuries...Plus we have a back to back..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, terrell said:

.I'd go BG/Skylar/Solo/Knight/OO 

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Lou/Bruno/Dunn

That's 8.  That's brutal - we might lose by 73 points.  The NBA would definitely fine the Hawks, lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's 8.  That's brutal - we might lose by 73 points.  The NBA would definitely fine the Hawks, lol.

All I care about is being healthy as possible going into Saturdays game.. A loss is a loss..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's 8 but hopefully it'll be a Hateful 8 after the party the 6ers went on in that game.

Every time they think about going into the lane, all I wanna see is ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47i119zcsfqs12i96t2w8

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Emory is not the way they cant prevent a hang nail

Meh, let's wait to see how we fare in the playoffs.  Most of the injuries this year have been from action on the court.  Emory can't realistically prevent that.  They've done a great job preventing non-contact and wear/tear injuries.  We haven't had Jamal Murray/KD type injuries that are from overuse.

The only person that has potentially been mishandled is Hunter, who feels like he's going to be out for the year and possibly need a follow-up procedure done on his knee.  I'm not a doctor though so I really don't know how much of that is in their control or not.

• Like 1