• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

20 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He's needed as well. Cam was great at defending guards when healthy and Hunter was great on forwards. Both of them on the court together made the Hawks' perimeter defense legit. 

He's been out for 3 months and still not even running. Doesn't look  like we will see him again this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Not to jump too far ahead but I really believe we are going to face the knicks rd 1 and Hunter in my opinion is the best defender we have to matchup and put on Randle if healthy 

Preach!

Let hope he feels okay going forward. Even if he can play these last few games, I doubt it's enough time to get him 100% back to form before the playoffs begin. However he needs these games if he is going to rejoin the rotation. I can't see a scenario where he doesn't play another regular season game but Nate still gives him a rotation spot during the playoffs. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Preach!

Let hope he feels okay going forward. Even if he can play these last few games, I doubt it's enough time to get him 100% back to form before the playoffs begin. However he needs these games if he is going to rejoin the rotation. I can't see a scenario where he doesn't play another regular season game but Nate still gives him a rotation spot during the playoffs. 

Unless he has another setback, he's our starting small forward. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

They will wait to see how his knee feels tomorrow.

History teaches us to presume nothing until they see how his knee feels 24 hours later.

Having said that, I'll be optimistic until advised otherwise.

As I will be for Cam when he's re-evaluated next weekend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Unless he has another setback, he's our starting small forward. 

Something that has me a bit worried is how Hunter’s return impacts Bogi’s 2 man game with Trae. They seem to have found something special. Which is why I think they should bring Hunter off the bench and keep starting Snell, while staggering Bogi and Hunter’s minutes for now...Imagine bringing Gallo, Hunter, Huerter, and Lou Will of the bench.........But either way, Im just glad we're even talking about Hunter right now......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, terrell said:

Something that has me a bit worried is how Hunter’s return impacts Bogi’s 2 man game with Trae. They seem to have found something special. Which is why I think they should bring Hunter off the bench and keep starting Snell, while staggering Bogi and Hunter’s minutes for now...Imagine bringing Gallo, Hunter, Huerter, and Lou Will of the bench.........But either way, Im just glad we're even talking about Hunter right now......

Whatever unit he's in, it will be an upgrade. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think he will take Snell’s minutes in the starting line up and let Kevin continue his role coming off the bench. It would be nice to keep that bench consistency and slowly upgrade the starting rotation as Hunter rounds into form. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Not to jump too far ahead but I really believe we are going to face the knicks rd 1 and Hunter in my opinion is the best defender we have to matchup and put on Randle if healthy 

Oooh that’s a tough assignment. Hunter is a darn good defender but wouldn’t we need a big bigger defender on Randle? 🤔 Stick King 👑 Kongwu in him he’s ready.

Give that Kang 25 minutes! I dunno 🤷‍♀️  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oooh that’s a tough assignment. Hunter is a darn good defender but wouldn’t we need a big bigger defender on Randle? 🤔 Stick King 👑 Kongwu in him he’s ready.

Give that Kang 25 minutes! I dunno 🤷‍♀️  

I like the BIG O on him too over Collins but we know the BIG O isn’t going to start in the playoffs.

Honestly what I’d really hope for is that Collins is so synced in defensively to making everything hard for Randle as much as  he possibly can but Randle is like a true tweener type forward vs Collins who is really a true PF.

Randle is too quick for JC and posses some unmatched power for him as well apparently or that could just be adrenaline and aggression once he gets going. JC just doesn’t know what to do with him.

But I see the matchup as a SF going up against a PF ultimately despite Randle being labeled a 4. Randle is a very good player don’t get me wrong but Collins just isn’t the best we can do vs him defensively and a healthy Hunter would give him problems even if it’s him picking up his dribble earlier than he wants before getting to his spot. Hunter got those long arms to contest as well. The only issue MAY be power but I don’t think he gets in the paint at will vs D Hunt ....he will be forced to take and make jumpers vs Hunter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JTB said:

he will be forced to take and make jumpers vs Hunter 

He’s been making those jumpers though. But I do understand you point about him being a tweener. He’s a tough matchup for sure. Credit to him he’s really put in the work since he came into the league as a stiff PF and worked his way to a flexible tweener. It’s really worked out for him. He’s almost too big for Hunter and too small for Collins. 

I do realize King Kongwu won’t start but he does present our best defensive answer for Randle, even as a rookie. It’ll have to be a team effort.

• Like 1