• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oooh that’s a tough assignment. Hunter is a darn good defender but wouldn’t we need a big bigger defender on Randle? 🤔 Stick King 👑 Kongwu in him he’s ready.

Give that Kang 25 minutes! I dunno 🤷‍♀️  

I'm going to keep preaching the gospel. Randle burned us from the outside. 

Im not saying he isn't physical, Im not saying he isn't big and strong. But he killed us because our bigs respected his driving, sagged off of him and let him get clean looks shooting from the perimeter. Capela and JC both did this against him.

Once Randle gets in to the paint he is reading and searching for the open man to pass to or shooting mid post. He doesn't have the footwork to dominate low post, he just makes you respect his jumper to where a pump fake gets you in the air and him to the line.

The same way we would guard Lebron is how we should guard Randle because that is his play style. Athletic combo forward with playmaking ability, perimeter shooting and a strong dribble drive and finish.

If you keep him from getting hot from the outside, and stay down on the pump fakes, you can live with tough shots over defenders in the paint. Stay in front of him is the name of the game, not banging with him.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I know it is not one of our guys but Bradley Beal didn’t look too good after their pacers game. They say he has a hip/hamstring issue on a night where he dropped 50. I wonder if he will be available when they play us Monday. 

I saw that. He’s .5 away from Scurry for the scoring title. I think he’s gonna want to do all he can to go for it.

6 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Only risk is they may not make the play in tournament if they lose out. 

Nah Wizards are pretty safe if you ask me. If anything they are gunning for  the 8 seed at this point

Bulls are 3.5 games back with 5 to go and they have a brutal schedule remaining with Nets twice and the Bucks. Anything can happen and obviously they are still alive but I think the Wiz can rest him a few games and still make the tourney.

They are closer to getting 8 (1.5 games) than they are of missing the play in (3.5 games) right now, so if anything they may play him to make a push for a higher seed.

Getting 8 is a prize because you have 2 chances to win 1 game. 9 or 10 have to win 2 games to advance. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nah Wizards are pretty safe if you ask me. If anything they are gunning for  the 8 seed at this point

Bulls are 3.5 games back with 5 to go and they have a brutal schedule remaining with Nets twice and the Bucks. Anything can happen and obviously they are still alive but I think the Wiz can rest him a few games and still make the tourney.

They are closer to getting 8 (1.5 games) than they are of missing the play in (3.5 games) right now, so if anything they may play him to make a push for a higher seed.

Getting 8 is a prize because you have 2 chances to win 1 game. 9 or 10 have to win 2 games to advance. 

That’s great. I hope they rest him for our two games. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Finally, Hunter no longer listed as out.

What happened to Tony Snell? Dont recall him getting injured...Oh well. Please let Hunter play.......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Injury update of note that's not our own (for a change)...

Oh wow, both games now.

Not saying they can't still win but we need to handle our business, contain Russ, and try to get back to that 4th seed. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I seem to recall IND was missing at least one key player the other night. Just sayin.

Would like to think that loss had more to do with the physical implications of the back-to-back than any mental letdown, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1