• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

I seem to recall IND was missing at least one key player the other night. Just sayin.

Would like to think that loss had more to do with the physical implications of the back-to-back than any mental letdown, of course.

The focus is always on the team that loses having a let down - I think often ignored is the "next man up" factor giving the winning team an edge in such a situation. The Hawks have played that way on occasion this season when missing key guys. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, turnermx said:

The focus is always on the team that loses having a let down - I think often ignored is the "next man up" factor giving the winning team an edge in such a situation. The Hawks have played that way on occasion this season when missing key guys. 

Agree can’t take anyone light these guys are in the NBA for a reason, having said that Beal is a huge part of what they do as far as their recent success. At least half of it.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

For the most part, we do need the Knicks to lose a couple more, maybe to the Lakers and another one. Go AD! Get it!

I blame the Clippers not helping us out on Lue! cmon man, sit Kawhi don't let him hurt the team like that trying to adjust his shot to compensate for a hand injury. He goes 9 for 27 SMDH

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Agree can’t take anyone light these guys are in the NBA for a reason, having said that Beal is a huge part of what they do as far as their recent success. At least half of it.

I'm amazed how well we played without Trae, though thats coaching.  We are like night and day coaching wise.  No way we win most those game with Lloyd missing Trae. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turnermx said:

I blame the Clippers not helping us out on Lue! cmon man, sit Kawhi don't let him hurt the team like that trying to adjust his shot to compensate for a hand injury. He goes 9 for 27 SMDH

Playoff Paul didn’t help either. Kind of still shocked as to why Kawhi, a smart dude like that would hand pick Paul George as his running mate. Perhaps their off court relationship? I dunno. PG13 has been pretty choky in the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If the Hawks want the 4 seed, it starts with winning all four games.  That puts them at 41-31.  Then, they either need the Knicks to lose 2 OR lose 1 and tie the Heat as well.  I'm assuming losing 2 isn't likely at this point so the tie scenario is as follows:

1. LAL or Boston beat Knicks

2. Miami wins out (@Bos, Philly, @Mil, @Det) 

All 3 teams would be 41-31 and Hawks would earn the 4 seed vs Heat as 5 seed I believe.  Knicks would lose the tie break and be 6 seed I think. 

IF Boston beats the Heat, then best case scenario for Hawks would be Lakers AND Boston beating the Knicks to make them 40-32.  In that scenario, the Heat would either be 5 if they tied NYK or Knicks would be 5 if Heat and C's had worse record.  Celtics are already at 33 losses so best they can do is 39-33 if they win out.  

Most likely scenario is Hawks get the 5 vs the Knicks, imo.  This is because I don't see the Knicks losing twice.  Stranger things have happened, but I'm not seeing it.  I also don't see the Heat winning out.  

Best guess from me:

4. Knicks 41-31

5. Hawks 41-31

6. Heat 39-33

7. Celtics 37-35

I also think playing the Knicks as the 5 seed is the most likely outcome. Starting the series with two in New York versus two in Atlanta is a huge, huge difference.

I am so glad this isn't another tank year for us. I havent even looked at tankathon or mocks drafts.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Playoff Paul didn’t help either. Kind of still shocked as to why Kawhi, a smart dude like that would hand pick Paul George as his running mate. Perhaps their off court relationship? I dunno. PG13 has been pretty choky in the playoffs.

Weird how an injury though fully healed (supposedly) can change the trajectory of a career. In this case the post season career. Feels like it really dates back to that moment for the most part with PG to me. 

• Like 1

Those losses to Detroit and Indy really burn right now.

Can't win em all, but there are some games you cant afford to lose.
The toughest games are behind the Knicks at this point. They have 4 "playoff" teams on their schedule, and all are play-in squads trying to jockey. The only hope is for them to be hungrier than the fat cats. But if Rose's sideline intensity is any indication, the Knicks have turned the switch on to playoff mode. Win or go home mentality.

We need to see that same intensity from our unit to close out the regular season or we will be in for a rude awakening come game 1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

I seem to recall IND was missing at least one key player the other night. Just sayin.

Would like to think that loss had more to do with the physical implications of the back-to-back than any mental letdown, of course.

Either way it's infuriating. It's happened too many times this season

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

If the Hawks want the 4 seed, it starts with winning all four games.  That puts them at 41-31.  Then, they either need the Knicks to lose 2 OR lose 1 and tie the Heat as well.  I'm assuming losing 2 isn't likely at this point so the tie scenario is as follows:

1. LAL or Boston beat Knicks

2. Miami wins out (@Bos, Philly, @Mil, @Det) 

All 3 teams would be 41-31 and Hawks would earn the 4 seed vs Heat as 5 seed I believe.  Knicks would lose the tie break and be 6 seed I think. 

IF Boston beats the Heat, then best case scenario for Hawks would be Lakers AND Boston beating the Knicks to make them 40-32.  In that scenario, the Heat would either be 5 if they tied NYK or Knicks would be 5 if Heat and C's had worse record.  Celtics are already at 33 losses so best they can do is 39-33 if they win out.  

Most likely scenario is Hawks get the 5 vs the Knicks, imo.  This is because I don't see the Knicks losing twice or the Heat winning out.  Stranger things have happened, but I'm not seeing it. 

Best guess from me:

4. Knicks 41-31

5. Hawks 41-31

6. Heat 39-33

7. Celtics 37-35

If the Lakers beat the Knicks, their most likely loss will probably be to Boston.  Boston can lose to anyone and beat anyone.  That'll be the Hawks' only hope of getting the fourth seed. 

Stranger things have happened though. San Antonio is well coached and it's their first game back from the road trip so that could be a trap game for them. 

The Knicks pretty much surprised me beating LAC and they are playing well.  I'd much rather face the Knicks than the Bucks in the first round I tell you that much.  To me, the guy that's been keeping the Knicks rolling is Derrick Rose. He's been outplaying Randle in the games I've seen. 

Everyone is writing the Bucks off, but they've looked pretty great down the stretch.  So have the 76ers.  Brooklyn's looked the worst, but you don't want to tangle with KD and Irving in a first round series. 

Edited by marco102

36 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the Lakers beat the Knicks, their most likely loss will probably be to Boston.  Boston can lose to anyone and beat anyone.  That'll be the Hawks' only hope of getting the fourth seed. 

Stranger things have happened though. San Antonio is well coached and it's their first game back from the road trip so that could be a trap game for them. 

The Knicks pretty much surprised me beating LAC and they are playing well.  I'd much rather face the Knicks than the Bucks in the first round I tell you that much.  To me, the guy that's been keeping the Knicks rolling is Derrick Rose. He's been outplaying Randle in the games I've seen. 

Everyone is writing the Bucks off, but they've looked pretty great down the stretch.  So have the 76ers.  Brooklyn's looked the worst, but you don't want to tangle with KD and Irving in a first round series. 

I don't see any way that the Hawks play the Buck in round 1.  Not even concerned with the 6 seed.  Only way for that to happen is hawks fall apart or Miami win out.  And neither is likely to happen.  Heat have a horrible schedule so they'll likely lose at least one if not 2-3.  Don't really see a way they pass the Hawks.  So to me, the only options are Knicks in the 4/5 or Heat in the 4/5.  I think the Heat would require Knicks to either fall apart or the 3-way tie.