• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Moderators

I'm just not understanding what the decision is based on.  If there's a good possibility of reinjuring or making it worse then obviously sit but i can't see how that is going to change between yesterday and today.   if it's just pain then let him go if he wants.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just not understanding what the decision is based on.  If there's a good possibility of reinjuring or making it worse then obviously sit but i can't see how that is going to change between yesterday and today.   if it's just pain then let him go if he wants.  

Could be pain and/or swelling.  Could be Hunter doesn't have a high pain tolerance.  It could be something as simple as during warmups his gait is off because he is in some pain and they don't want him overcompensating somewhere else.

I'm no Doctor, but I'm playing one on the Squawk, lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

We have arguably the most conservative medical staff in the NBA. I'm pretty sure they were involved in the decision.

How did you come to that determination? Have you checked around the league to see how long guys with similar injuries for other teams were out?

I think it just seems that way because we've had so many injuries to so many players and they have all overlapped to varying degrees. 

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How did you come to that determination? Have you checked around the league to see how long guys with similar injuries for other teams were out?

I think it just seems that way because we've had so many injuries to so many players and they have all overlapped to varying degrees. 

You're right, I'm just guessing on that take. It just feels like our medical team holds guys out for so long. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

You're right, I'm just guessing on that take. It just feels like our medical team holds guys out for so long. 

I dont think Embiid would be playing if he were a Hawk, so I think it's fair to say we are more cautious than Philly with injuries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Could be pain and/or swelling.  Could be Hunter doesn't have a high pain tolerance.  It could be something as simple as during warmups his gait is off because he is in some pain and they don't want him overcompensating somewhere else.

I'm no Doctor, but I'm playing one on the Squawk, lol

They call her Doctor Squawk. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's the medical staff that makes the determination if he plays or no - they are usually on the court during warmups and shoot around.

Interesting, I bet if he told him he feels great if he felt pain, I wonder what they would do.