• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

12 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nice, just in time to find out we have to wait two more weeks for an update.

Honestly the ankle scope is not a good sign. He's had knee problems, sprained MCLs two years in a row. Came into camp complaining of knee pain and swelling. Now they are trying to fix other joints, hoping that will help the knees. He's a guy that has to play all out to be effective, so it's really tough for him if his knees are no good. 

Edited by bleachkit

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Honestly the ankle scope is not a good sign. He's had knee problems, sprained MCLs two years in a row. Came into camp complaining of knee pain and swelling. Now they are trying to fix other joints, hoping that will help the knees. He's a guy that has to play all out to be effective, so it's really tough for him if his knees are no good. 

I hear ya. I just wish they would say, "Hey, he's going to be out for at least a month, possibly longer." Instead of us having to play internet doctor and research examples of his injury just to get an idea. Like you said, he has had issues before. So if they are going to be extra patient, with the possibility of resting him all season, just be upfront with the public and say so.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hear ya. I just wish they would say, "Hey, he's going to be out for at least a month, possibly longer." Instead of us having to play internet doctor and research examples of his injury just to get an idea. Like you said, he has had issues before. So if they are going to be extra patient, with the possibility of resting him all season, just be upfront with the public and say so.  

Rest him all season? We are paying him 5 million dollars. That would be a big waste of money.

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Rest him all season? We are paying him 5 million dollars. That would be a big waste of money.

Well, here we are. Still waiting for a realistic timeline. Maybe he comes back in March, maybe April. Who knows right now.

I think my frustration this season with the way we update injuries has to do with the fact that we just came off of the longest offseason, with no idea of when we would be able to play again. Very little news about anything relating to the team. Then, boom, a two week span of excitement with free agency and the draft. Just to have it all come crashing back down to earth with all the new additions being injured or unavailable at some point since day 1 of training camp. And we are forced to be patient again and again and again. "Two more weeks" has been their catchphrase all season. Its like, dude, Im so over this. Just be real and let me know we wont be full strength until its too late to matter anymore. Let me temper my expectations for this team now, versus keeping me anxious that we will get some help. This has been a well executed mental game from the organization to keep us engaged for so long.

• Like 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well, here we are. Still waiting for a realistic timeline. Maybe he comes back in March, maybe April. Who knows right now.

I think my frustration this season with the way we update injuries has to do with the fact that we just came off of the longest offseason, with no idea of when we would be able to play again. Very little news about anything relating to the team. Then, boom, a two week span of excitement with free agency and the draft. Just to have it all come crashing back down to earth with all the new additions being injured or unavailable at some point since day 1 of training camp. And we are forced to be patient again and again and again. "Two more weeks" has been their catchphrase all season. Its like, dude, Im so over this. Just be real and let me know we wont be full strength until its too late to matter anymore. Let me temper my expectations for this team now, versus keeping me anxious that we will get some help. This has been a well executed mental game from the organization to keep us engaged for so long.

I totally agree and it's not just that the timelines are vague and unending when given but then you see things like OO or Rondo are out and then you tune in and they are playing.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Ive definitely soured on Rondo. Anything new on Dunn? It seemed like he was getting closer at one point but who the heck knows?

The last was from February 6th (below) ,  I doubt we get an update until this coming Saturday which will be 2 weeks from that date. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since the surgery.

• Thanks 2