• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So what's the difference between this and Embiid?  (other than embiid faking lol)

All tear sizes and locations aren't the smae.  This is Hunter's 2nd tear....and yeah, I don't believe Joel 'Faker' Embiid

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All tear sizes and locations aren't the smae.  This is Hunter's 2nd tear....and yeah, I don't believe Joel 'Faker' Embiid

I have a really good feeling if the Hawks keep playing their style, playing the right way, not letting referees get in their heads. Embiid and the 6ers staff for that matter are tempting fate. I doubt he is injured so it seems likely the team is trying to play a mental game with the Hawks.  Even if it was a flap type meniscus tear, if they're letting him play they are literally playing the lottery with their aspirations, his knee could lock up on him.  Just keep doing your thing Hawks.

Edited by turnermx
revision
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

I hope that I am wrong but I have zero expectations for Cam to return and make a difference in this series.

Didn't say it was a good hope. 

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yup think it's BS. Like when John Wall "broke" his hand that one time.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup think it's BS. Like when John Wall "broke" his hand that one time.

Embiid has all kinds of legit injury issues but also is clearly eager to engage in performative, attention-seeking gestures.  Makes it a bit tough not to be suspicious when he rebounds this completely and enthusiastically.  But he remains an elevated risk to miss time at any moment just based on his track record so Philly can't ever get too comfortable on this point.  He is just so good.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

What better time than Friday at 7:50 pm to start some 5 on 5?

Some of these protocols are almost Orwellian. The whole 3 on 3 ,then 4 on 4, then 5 on 5, is a little much. As if there some monumental difference. The things that are important are running, cutting, jumping, lateral movement, and if he can do those things comfortably. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Some of these protocols are almost Orwellian. The whole 3 on 3 ,then 4 on 4, then 5 on 5, is a little much. As if there some monumental difference. The things that are important are running, cutting, jumping, lateral movement, and if he can do those things comfortably. 

The way I understand it 3on3 is scrimmaging/playing in the halfcourt.....5on5 is a full court practice, more game like.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The way I understand it 3on3 is scrimmaging/playing in the halfcourt.....5on5 is a full court practice, more game like.

Schlenk said he was "extremely close." Playing 4on4 sounds pretty damn close. He is likely fully recovered from his injury. But like you said, I think these protocols are more about preventing a pulled hamstring or whatever in full court since he hasn't played in 4 months. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Schlenk said he was "extremely close." Playing 4on4 sounds pretty damn close. He is likely fully recovered from his injury. But like you said, I think these protocols are more about preventing a pulled hamstring or whatever in full court since he hasn't played in 4 months. 

Again...i don't trust TS's timelines anymore, lol - not after the Dunn will play on the West coast trip, he was out another month. Lol

• Haha 2