• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member
On 6/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Bogi has no lift. It's really sad. I don't think he will be the same until he can let it heal.

He is tough, but severely limited right now.

I appreciate his effot 100%, shows guts to play like that, but at the same time it hurt us a lot in game 1 when he was out there. He was better in the third quarter, but his minutes especially with the bench unit were painful to watch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Glad to see him getting up shots, one observation, he is still not emphasizing being shot ready like he was told by Vince and like he mentioned earlier this season he needed to work on.

His mechanics and footwork, while routine in the video, are lazy. He is just going through the motions, which may sound nice to some, but is not what you want if you plan on playing. He has to be more intentional in his movement and set up. 

A big part of him improving his shooting is to be more consistent with his preparation and mechanics. Some may think that's nitpicky but it's the difference between being a player who CAN make shots, and a player who DOES make shots.

I agree with you here. I know he's just warming up, but his mechanics still look lazy and inconsistent. Compare with a guy like Bogi when he's practicing, he's like a machine out there. Perfect mechanics every time.

• Like 4

On 6/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Bogi has no lift. It's really sad. I don't think he will be the same until he can let it heal.

He is tough, but severely limited right now.

Dude's a warrior, he trying to help but gotta understand that him at 50% only hurts us. I really hope Cam can give us a solid 10-15 and we rotate Cam/Hill/Snell. Let Bogi's knee rest up for GM 3 or even 4 at that.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Glad to see him getting up shots, one observation, he is still not emphasizing being shot ready like he was told by Vince and like he mentioned earlier this season he needed to work on.

His mechanics and footwork, while routine in the video, are lazy. He is just going through the motions, which may sound nice to some, but is not what you want if you plan on playing. He has to be more intentional in his movement and set up. 

A big part of him improving his shooting is to be more consistent with his preparation and mechanics. Some may think that's nitpicky but it's the difference between being a player who CAN make shots, and a player who DOES make shots.

Cam style always looks like he's going through the motions. That said, his knee bend looks a lot better. His footwork still needs improvement. His stroke always looks tremendous. He has to keep at it.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

So how has a “minor respiratory condition” got Goodie out for the season?

Against NYK I just thought he was sick and they listed it as that, but now it’s a little weird. Hope he is doing okay. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

So how has a “minor respiratory condition” got Goodie out for the season?

HIPPA - Its  up to the player to disclose details on the condition. Minor means not dying, doesn't mean he can go. Whatever it is, it is probably going to affect his career going forward. The vagueness is an obvious attempt to avoid legalities.

https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/respiratory_infections_causes

As you can see, its a wide swath being cut.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

HIPPA - Its  up to the player to disclose details on the condition. Minor means not dying, doesn't mean he can go. Whatever it is, it is probably going to affect his career going forward. The vagueness is an obvious attempt to avoid legalities.

https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/respiratory_infections_causes

As you can see, its a wide swath being cut.

I work in the health regulatory field and that's 100% true. 

Getting back to Cam, I see the oft mechanics in his shot as well. A consistent shot requires contorting your body (especially your hips and legs) to be in position to pull and fire true every single time. Practices does not make perfect; only perfect practice does that...