• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They were dead in the water tonight.  Down 16 with 4 minutes to go and still down 10 with 2 to go.  They locked in on defense, made some shots, and came all the way back.

SGA was outstanding.

I gotta make sure I catch him when they play us because I won’t otherwise.  His defensive metrics have dipped slightly but his eFG (.546) and assist to turn (now 2:1) are trending great.  If they maintain a mediocre defense and hover around .500 with that roster it’ll be a miracle.  His style is such that it’s possible.

Also very impressed the Grizz went 4-4 without Ja.  Soon as he returns them boys gonna cook.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

At least Moose in OKC won me $215 tonight with a big 3 in OT.

Hawks are 3 - 19 from 3. 

Trae is capable of catching fire with streaky shooting, but he'll have to get a floater to fall first.

First team to 100 wins.

Actually they haven't.   They've been stellar all year.

Please teach me how to bet on the NBA (just kidding).  After I place a bet it’s written in the stars they’re gonna lose/ not cover.  I mean some downright insane outcomes.  Scrubs jacking up threes in garbage time, conflicting injury reports, Gobert missing 4 straight free throws when I only need a single f&@kin one I can’t take it.

I win about 65% of my bets on NFL regular season, a little more than that on MLB.  NBA?  About 15% at best smh.  I finally gave up and switched to NHL, doing decent.  I hear tennis is nice too if you’re knowledgeable enough.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JTB said:

TRAE DOESNT KNOW WHERE HIS SHOTS ARE IN THIS NEW OFFENSE....Trae is missing shots because he’s in a funk ok sure but it’s also because he’s hesitating so damn much. His passing use to look natural and now it looks forced like someone told him his main job is to only pass.

Trae isn’t looking for his shot then he tries to force one. I am not completely sure if Trae is in a shooting slump . Shooting slumps tend to look a little different to me like when korver was in a bad shooting slump one season here in ATL. But Trae missing shots is more than a shooting slump ....there’s some confusion and there’s some laziness from all the players including Trae.

I can buy this theory.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Please teach me how to bet on the NBA (just kidding).  After I place a bet it’s written in the stars they’re gonna lose/ not cover.  I mean some downright insane outcomes.  Scrubs jacking up threes in garbage time, conflicting injury reports, Gobert missing 4 straight free throws when I only need a single f&@kin one I can’t take it.

I win about 65% of my bets on NFL regular season, a little more than that on MLB.  NBA?  About 15% at best smh.  I finally gave up and switched to NHL, doing decent.  I hear tennis is nice too if you’re knowledgeable enough.

LOL . . it's crazy.   I'm getting better at the NBA, especially when betting the over/under.  To me, it's much easier playing the NBA that way, than trying to pick the point spreads.  If you're picking teams straight up, your return on wins are going to be much lower, unless you can pick the right upset or two.

College basketball is ridiculous though.  I've literally lost games involving the spread or the over/under, with last second fouls in a blowout.  Parlays being made or broken, by guys making or missing FTs.

Also, I play round robin parlays.   Pick 5 teams, but set it up to where if you hit 3 out of 5, you're getting some of your money back.  If you hit 4 out of 5, you'll get more than what you put in.  If you hit 5 out of 5, you get everything.  Now of course, it cost more money to play it like this.  But playing it like this does protect you from losing one of those crazy games.

My winning play last night was a combo of everything. ( College, spread, over/under, NBA )

• Under 229.5 - DAL vs MIL
  • Boston ( -3.5 ) vs ORL
  • Over 196.5 - NY vs CLE ( was definitely worried about this, seeing both teams offense is trash, but I won it )
  • UC Santa Barbara ( -10.5 ) vs UC San Diego
  • Thunder ( straight up ) vs Chicago

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Does anyone think law of attraction apply to Fandom. I notice often when my heart is channeling to win we lose. And when I dont care about the fame we do good...

I don't believe in that law.  But there may be something to you being a jinx . . lol.  I'm a jinx as well.

It makes no sense that they play great when I'm not watching them.  But the minute I turn on the game, they start to suck.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't believe in that law.  But there may be something to you being a jinx . . lol.  I'm a jinx as well.

It makes no sense that they play great when I'm not watching them.  But the minute I turn on the game, they start to suck.

So it's your fault! What are you doing? Stop watching. Lol.  Ask @Wretch about that too, lol. I think he needs to switch it up and start watching though, lolololol.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

so what did you do to counter this?  Asking for a friend.

Trae has to be a much better off Ball player. They used to do this to Lillard. He made teams pay with his shooting. Right now, Trae shooting and finishing is shit so teams want to take away what Trae does best, PLAYMAKING. This is all on Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has to be a much better off Ball player. They used to do this to Lillard. He made teams pay with his shooting. Right now, Trae shooting and finishing is shit so teams want to take away what Trae does best, PLAYMAKING. This is all on Trae.

It's also on LP and his teammates.  If teams are going to play ball deny with 2 players, there has to be an advantage elsewhere. Does LP have ANY plays where he runs Trae off a couple screens to free him up for an open look? Or even a back door cut? There has to be a counter in the playbook for when teams guard Trae like Utah did. And I'm no saying it becomes a staple of the offense, just a countermeasure for these specific instances.

• Like 4