• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

About A Trade

sillent

I wrote that last post because our recent play is honestly about a trade. Trae and John still have their issues as some may have saw in one of the Hornets games. Collins getting max money will mean we can't keep all of Cam, Hunter, Kevin, Onyeka, Nathan and of course Trae for the long Haul for our young core. 

On the West the Lakers aren't just whooping people because of shots but because of defense and I'm sure we've been taking notes. John as good as he is with his short arms struggle to play the defense we need especially once his athleticism regress. If we get Nance Jr. and McGee that will definitely enhance our defense and because of it we shouldn't lose much if anything. I would love to keep John but I don't know if he'd love to be here so I think we need to get it over with while the season is still early. Travis Schlenk hinted on it even before the season started and that might be a sneaky great move especially with a 1st.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sillent said:

I wrote that last post because our recent play is honestly about a trade. Trae and John still have their issues as some may have saw in one of the Hornets games. Collins getting max money will mean we can't keep all of Cam, Hunter, Kevin, Onyeka, Nathan and of course Trae for the long Haul for our young core. 

On the West the Lakers aren't just whooping people because of shots but because of defense and I'm sure we've been taking notes. John as good as he is with his short arms struggle to play the defense we need especially once his athleticism regress. If we get Nance Jr. and McGee that will definitely enhance our defense and because of it we shouldn't lose much if anything. I would love to keep John but I don't know if he'd love to be here so I think we need to get it over with while the season is still early. Travis Schlenk hinted on it even before the season started and that might be a sneaky great move especially with a 1st.

Isn't Trae the problem?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GameTime said:

That should say Trae hasn't been the same.

I'm disappointed if this is affecting Trae this much. You want to be great and be the leader, criticism comes with it, how you handle it is a true test of character and will. 

You asked for help last season, they told you help was on the way, you got the help (granted most are in street clothes). Now use them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Trae was the problem, they'd play much better when Trae isn't on the floor.

They play even worse . . even defensively.

Yeah I’m no Trae fan at all but this does douse the argument that he’s the source/ majority of the problem.  He absolutely needs Dunn beside him, they have almost perfectly overlapping and complimentary styles.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who can we trade for using Snell ($12), Hill ($2) and OKC 2022?

The seemingly most sensible thing is Rudy Gay’s 14M expiring contract.  But I don’t see much incentive on either side to do that.

If we’re still having this deep of a problem come trade deadline (or really - a few weeks from now), we’re gonna need a much bigger internal adjustment from our guys/coaching staff, or a much bigger trade than shifting expiring contracts that sit somewhere between 8-12 in the depth chart.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, klharper said:

The seemingly most sensible thing is Rudy Gay’s 14M expiring contract.  But I don’t see much incentive on either side to do that.

If we’re still having this deep of a problem come trade deadline (or really - a few weeks from now), we’re gonna need a much bigger internal adjustment from our guys/coaching staff, or a much bigger trade than shifting expiring contracts that sit somewhere between 8-12 in the depth chart.

Here's another:

Smell, Bruno and 2 2nds for PJ Tucker and Danual House. 

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This is a dumb take because Trae sucked before JC said this.  It's why he said it.  And then Trae looked great in the Sixers game right after.   It makes a nice tweet but doesn't make any sense. 

Wut? He was avg 28.5 pts on 18 att and 9.1 ast when they had their meeting. Sure, his 3pt shot has sucked all year but he really he didn't fall off a cliff until after that meeting. He's avg 13 ots on 14 shots and 7.0 ast since that mtg. 

I'd say KP is dead on. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Isn't Trae the problem?

Trae is a different type of problem. Trae is franchise player problem. When your stars aren't on the same page the franchise player is usually the one they accommodate to. Trae is slick balling like this on purpose because the season is early and he wants to rock with the team we're going to keep so I think he's waiting on the trade before he balls out like the Trae of normal. I like John but his ego has always been on stats and money as well as being recognized as a star himself which he is. He just can't get out of Trae's orbit and I think that's what he ultimately wants looking at the body language and interactions between those two. There very professional so you may not even be able to tell if you don't peep it right but if their chemistry is a little off. Not not play together off but not stat together off.

9 minutes ago, sillent said:

Trae is a different type of problem. Trae is franchise player problem. When your stars aren't on the same page the franchise player is usually the one they accommodate to. Trae is slick balling like this on purpose because the season is early and he wants to rock with the team we're going to keep so I think he's waiting on the trade before he balls out like the Trae of normal. I like John but his ego has always been on stats and money as well as being recognized as a star himself which he is. He just can't get out of Trae's orbit and I think that's what he ultimately wants looking at the body language and interactions between those two. There very professional so you may not even be able to tell if you don't peep it right but if their chemistry is a little off. Not not play together off but not stat together off.

I tend to agree with your assessment but disagree strongly with Trae. I just don't think it serves anyone well to play these kind of diva games. In a short season if they find themselves battling for the 8, 9, 10 seed he's going to be pretty foolish for screwing around early on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I tend to agree with your assessment but disagree strongly with Trae. I just don't think it serves anyone well to play these kind of diva games. In a short season if they find themselves battling for the 8, 9, 10 seed he's going to be pretty foolish for screwing around early on. 

I agree I don't  think it's right & yes it could easily  backfire. We need to get that mentality out of Atlanta. I saw my boy Josh Smith and company doing it. The 60 win team did it after Allstar break. Self sabotage isn't ever good especially during a marathon because there are so many intangibles. Doesn't mean it's not still happening though but hopefully we get that out our system soon.