• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm a Collins defender, but I was disappointed in his play tonight. 

If he wants that money next summer, he must be more aggressive and decisive when he gets the ball.

He deserves love as he's a good player but dude isn't someone that should take 20% of anyone's salary cap and you want to win big in this league.

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Dunn was supposed to test Trae in practice and fight for some of his minutes as an alternative when Trae gonna Trae.  Without that we’re just in bad shape, let alone missing Cam’s length for Lilliard.

Dunn is not that good. He's a defensive role player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Inefficient chucker right now..1-11 then 7-23..Good lord..Trying to tell yall we'd be a better team right now with an efficient pg like Haliburton..smh. Trae killin us..And dont get me started on his defense..

He's all flash and no substance smh

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I just don’t understand what’s up with Trae this season. He played a lot better tonight just because he was his typical aggressive self offensively but still made boneheaded plays.

the boneheaded plays didn’t come until the 4th though which is the worse time to be taking risk 

He was making them all game long, but he certainly does start the hero ball in the clutch and make everything worse and a fool of himself.

Trae makes so many passes/lobs in the lane that have about a 20% chance of working.  It leads to one or two amazing assists per game, and 5+ TOs and giveaways.  And the inability to get in any offensive rhythm for himself or the team.  What a waste of talent.

Just now, JTB said:

Is it due to the 8-9 month layoff ???? 

i don’t want to give him an excuse but I also don’t want to overreact and call for trading him like some fans are starting to do. But man I can’t take it. Trae need to get his floater working first and then worry about the 3 ball later and not take the deep 3s at ALL.

Trae knows he’s off too I can see it in his face.

Maybe. I don't know. He was always a pretty good shooter. Right now, I see him and Kevin struggling shooting the rock this year compared to years past. The biggest thing i noticed is he is passing up good looks and setting for tough looks. 

But his floaters are the same floaters as always but they just aren't leaving his hands accurately. They look like Cam's. All over the place and Cam deaded the floater because he couldn't get it under control but Trae needs it. Maybe you are right, maybe the break messed with his shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm a Collins defender, but I was disappointed in his play tonight. 

If he wants that money next summer, he must be more aggressive and decisive when he gets the ball.

Honestly I’m disappointed that we aren’t calling more plays for him . He hit that size up mid range jumper a few times tonight and it reminded me of David West. If collins can make that size up midrange a go to move then he needs plays for him a lot more as well as hunter 

Hunter reminds me so much of Joe Johnson when he’s aggressive at mid range but of course we don’t see it enough.

Pierce really need to start calling plays for Hunter and Collins more. And I don’t understand why they take so long with throwing in entry passes to the post smh 

• Like 1

I shoulda known something was off with Trae when he came in this season and looked like he didn't gain one pound of muscle

I mean bruh u had 9 months to build muscle and strength and u look just as scrawny as you've always looked. And then has the nerve to make that weak ass "running in sand" video lol

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, his shot is broke. It's been broke all year including preseason where he had a 6 PIE. Cam had a 5.9 PIE for his entire rookie year just to show you how bad Trae preseason was. He hasn't shot well at all this year. 3pt shot, broke. Floater, broke. He just can't get in rhythm. He scored a lot tonight but it was mainly free throws and jacking up shots. Portland perimeter defense is ass and he still couldn't make them pay. 

Schlenk probably wont do it, but we need to draft another young pg next year if we're in the lottery.(and not a 6'0 one either)Shouldve taken one this year(Hali). smh. When Trae shot is off, he's pretty useless..Might be best as 6th man Instant offense type.....Idk man..Not gonna give up on him totally until I see him with a better Head Coach though..But he's really bad right now..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, klharper said:

He was making them all game long, but he certainly does start the hero ball in the clutch and make everything worse and a fool of himself.

Trae makes so many passes/lobs in the lane that have about a 20% chance of working.  It leads to one or two amazing assists per game, and 5+ TOs and giveaways.  And the inability to get in any offensive rhythm for himself or the team.  What a waste of talent.

To be honest, Trae been missing on lobs too this year a lot more than last. I really think the break might have impacted our guys more than expected. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Casuals will see the stat line and think Trae had a good game lol

Another trash game from him

Let's hear them excuses

Trae -11, Lilliard +18 is very surprising.  That’s usually the type of crazy +/- gap I saw regularly against the Smart, Brogdon, Lowry types last season.  It’s actually amazing how hollow his and Karl-Anthony’s crazy numbers can be due to fatal flaws.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Just now, benhillboy said:

Trae -11, Lilliard +18 is very surprising.  That’s usually the type of crazy +/- gap I saw regularly against guys like a Smart or Lowry last season.  It’s actually amazing how hollow his and Karl-Anthony’s crazy numbers can be due to fatal flaws.

KAT is legit. If Trae was playing like he was last year with this year's squad, he would be legit too. Trae is simply playing awful Basketball. 

• Like 2

Just now, benhillboy said:

Trae -11, Lilliard +18 is very surprising.  That’s usually the type of crazy +/- gap I saw regularly against guys like a Smart or Lowry last season.  It’s actually amazing how hollow his and Karl-Anthony’s crazy numbers can be due to fatal flaws.

Exactly

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

To be honest, Trae been missing on lobs too this year a lot more than last. I really think the break might have impacted our guys more than expected. 

Everything is off. The floater, the three ball, the lob. His scoring on drives to the rim is the only thing that's been working for him, relatively speaking.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

He’s just running around recklessly with no plan, going for the home run play anytime he gets a glimpse of one.  He misses so many “impossible layups/floaters” because he’s just running at bigs without any angle or advantage, hoping for a foul or a last minute bailout pass.  I get that’s part of his game, but it just ain’t working right now - he’s gotta have a more thought out approach.

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dunn is not that good. He's a defensive role player.

We needed Haliburton..But LP probably wouldnt play him...smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Schlenk probably wont do it, but we need to draft another young pg next year if we're in the lottery. Shouldve taken one this year. smh. And not a 6'0 one either...

Trae really hasn't separated himself from young Marbury to me. I still don't know what he is yet. That said, I would bet he will be a multiple time all star but not playing like this.

• Like 2