• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was one who was anyone but Haliburton because I didn't think having a backup PG with Trae who played like a legit all star at 21 was a good idea. Boy, Hali would have solved so many issues for us right now. That said, Hali is a better fit with Sacramento than Atlanta because touches are consistent in SAC. Not so much in Atlanta.

Hali, Cam, and Hunter guarding the perimeter would be nice..Trae off the bench..lol. He just plays so much smarter than Trae..Maxey(who I also wanted) would be nice too..Not that I dont like Okungwu, but Just damn............

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae has to have his floater going, or his three ball. If neither is going he's screwed. Last year, in games when he had both going he was basically unstoppable. 

Yeah it’s weird to see so many bashing him because he did not do this at the end of games last season.

im doing my best to not overreact but something is up this year.

Just now, klharper said:

He’s mentally paralyzed himself.  He’s hearing that his play isn’t sustainable and the press around Nash’s comments got in his head.  This is his first bout with serious criticism (not only from media but also his own team) probably in his whole career.  Now that the expectations are high and accountability is needed, he is making poor decisions, passing up good looks because of his self-consciousness about his shot, and trying to make up for it with hero ball that is doomed to fail when he hasn’t been in rhythm all game.  You can just kinda predict the missed shots and TO’s now.

Nash was just whining to a ref. He didnt say anything publicly. That has been way overblown.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Yeah it’s weird to see so many bashing him because he did not do this at the end of games last season.

im doing my best to not overreact but something is up this year.

His shots aren't falling. Maybe we were naive to think he could keep hitting those bombs and difficult floaters. Those are actually really difficult shots.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

But Rondo cant score these days. We should of found a way to get Payton Pritchard.

Honestly to me rondo looks frustrated trying to run this offense too. I’m not saying he can’t do it cause dude is a hall of fame floor general/ playmaker but it’s not like he’s having fun out there. He’s clashed a few times with teammates on some possessions and I don’t know if it’s him or the teammate in the wrong damn spot lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

His shots aren't falling. Maybe we were naive to think he could keep hitting those bombs and difficult floaters. Those are actually really difficult shots.

Trae was amazing at making difficult shots till this season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

He most certainly CAN do it. It's not a question of CAN, it's a question of WILL.

This goes far beyond not playing well. All players go through stretches where they don't play well. No one shoots 100% from the field or gets the best of his opponent every time. That's normal and acceptable but Trae's decision-making is neither.

For better or worse, Trae is the straw that stirs the drink for the Hawks. He's our face of the franchise and star player. Everybody on the team is witnessing his antics - and it's costing us games and leads.

Yes, these guys get paid handsomely, but it's the Coach's job to maximize their chances at winning and to curb behavior that detracts from winning. That's what he gets paid handsomely to do. No one is saying sit Trae forever, or even a whole game, but make him come off the bench next game, or sit him a quarter or two to let him know crap's gotta stop. Of course, don't do any of it without having a man-to-man talk about it, and then stick to your guns. Trae needs to understand what he's doing is hurting the team - not helping - and if he cared, he'd make efforts to stop it. If he didn't care, then we have bigger problems...

And YES, that absolutely means playing Rondo and Goodwin to reinforce it even though they are clear downgrades to Trae from a talent level.  Sometimes you have to take a short term loss to create a long term gain. We've seen Pierce do something like this when he's played the bench (which generally isn't as talented as starters) for extended minutes when the starters were sucking it up (he did this quite a bit last year). 

Sometimes you have to send a message, and if Pierce is too scared to do so because "this isn't high school," well then, we need to be looking for a new HC next year because that's some weaksauce. This version of Trae can't continue...we won't be able to go anywhere with THIS version of Trae leading this team.

OK.  Name a coach who has benched his #1 star player?  I want to see if it worked or not.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Cmon man you don’t do that for 2 straight years then lose it. Typically if you’re going to slump or go backwards that’s your second season in the pros. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player have a historic 2nd year like Trae did only to come back year 3 playing like shit now.

I wish Trae would speak up but it seems like he’s just inside his own shell. He’s not even being as cocky as he was on the floor past two seasons and he was Cocky even when he was 2 of 15 the past years.

Trae just isn’t himself 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae was amazing at making difficult shots till this season 

Yup and you just don’t lose that skill all of a sudden 

• Like 1

Bruh we got the Wolves twice and the Pistons in the next 3.  Gotta come out at least 2-1, because the 3 after that might get so ugly furniture (or players) might be movin’ (Bucks, Clippers, Nets).   I ain’t got no time for Delon Wright and Ricky Rubio to be out here flexing.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, klharper said:

He’s mentally paralyzed himself.  He’s hearing that his play isn’t sustainable and the press around Nash’s comments got in his head.  This is his first bout with serious criticism (not only from media but also his own team) probably in his whole career.  Now that the expectations are high and accountability is needed, he is making poor decisions, passing up good looks because of his self-consciousness about his shot, and trying to make up for it with hero ball that is doomed to fail when he hasn’t been in rhythm all game.  You can just kinda predict the missed shots and TO’s now.

Damn I know you out here telling the truth and shit but this shit hurts 😢 

😭 I been waiting too long for a superstar to come to the Hawks! DONT DO THIS TO ME TRAE!!!!

😂 all jokes aside I really do hate that he’s struggling not just because he’s on the team but because he’s the first real true superstar in the making we’ve had since Nique. I  need to see Trae get it together SERIOUSLY 

Great post.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Cmon man you don’t do that for 2 straight years then lose it. Typically if you’re going to slump or go backwards that’s your second season in the pros. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player have a historic 2nd year like Trae did only to come back year 3 playing like shit now.

I wish Trae would speak up but it seems like he’s just inside his own shell. He’s not even being as cocky as he was on the floor past two seasons and he was Cocky even when he was 2 of 15 the past years.

Trae just isn’t himself 

Yup and you just don’t lose that skill all of a sudden 

Umm, Trae shot 41% his first season (and freshman year in college) , so not sure where you are getting two years. If we are talking about one season, yes, loads of NBA players have had fluke seasons. Not saying last year was a fluke for Trae, way too early to call it that, but it's completely within the realm of possibility. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

Lloyd's usually been uplifting when dealing with guys like Cam and Huerter and has been tougher on Trae. He's in a tough slump right now and needs support instead of critique. Hopefully this passes sooner and Gallo can hit the court.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Umm, Trae shot 41% his first season (and freshman year in college) , so not sure where you are getting two years. If we are talking about one season, yes, loads of NBA players have had fluke seasons. Not saying last year was a fluke for Trae, way too early to call it that, but it's completely within the realm of possibility. 

You used efficiency to make your point on if he makes difficult shots or not????

ok....

😒

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KAT is legit. If Trae was playing like he was last year with this year's squad, he would be legit too. Trae is simply playing awful Basketball. 

Damn you might be right.  Just looked at KAT’s career ratings split, sh*t is LeBron Jimmy Butler level.  I forget how pure his shot is but you gotta nail that defensive fit alongside him.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1