• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

58 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Should of taken Hali. We would have a supremely efficient, smart guard to back up/play alongside Trae. We need Trae insurance folks. He might not have make up to be a winning player.

There's always next draft..smh..Im already looking at mid 1st rd pg's.. Not sure if we're lottery bound or not yet..lol

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Hopefully Schlenk learned his lesson, the template for success is not undersized dudes that can't defend (no offense Trae).

Too late now. We are stuck with him. Schlenk is not going to give up on the guy he drafted. If he gets fired, the next regime might move on from Trae though.

• Sad 1

Hawks should be looking to move Collins now imo..Hopefully a young pg is an added bonus in the trade..I mean Collins is gonna want the max. There is no way In hell we can tie up 60 million $ in Collins and Trae non defending asses... And we all know Travis will max Trae or he'll look like a fool for trading for him. smh. .Thank God for Hunter and Cam. My only 2 hopes left on our current roster....

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Too late now. We are stuck with him. Schlenk is not going to give up on the guy he drafted. If he gets fired, the next regime might move on from Trae though.

Hes almost on my shit list too..lol. Hes made some dumbass decisions also..

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Box scores are ready, with videos of every play stat.   Just click on the blue number, wait for the videos to load, and watch.

Enjoy.

https://www.nba.com/game/atl-vs-por-0022000195/box-score#box-score

This is a cool tool. Never knew about this.

Last season went downhill fast after Collins PED mess, this year he runs his mouth and the same thing happens..smh..Might as well ship that dude out of here..lol. He and Capela dont fit on offense anyway..Its obvious..And we got Capela for 2 more years on the cheap so..............................................I like you John, but you're the odd man out..Shouldve taken the 90 million.......

I wouldn't say wherever Trae goes, the Hawks go but I will say if you are playing slightly above average offense and being one of the worst defensive players in the NBA and at times, clearly the worst while playing significant minutes, we will likely win or lose games based on your lack of impact. Trae last year had elite offensive impact and WOAT defensive impact and that wasn't enough. We needed him to have top 5 offensive player in the NBA offensive impact to justify his defense and become a top tier NBA team. With the way Trae is playing, he is justifying why I saw him as a boom or bust prospect and in the same tier as Collin Sexton and SGA. So much of his impact is based on his shooting and scoring.

Even if his passing is world class which it hasn't been this year, he really needs that elite scoring to balance his game out. Like I said last year, it would really help to see him develop into a floor general so he doesn't have to have so much pressure to play out of this world offensively like Rondo or Nash had in their prime and pre-prime.

Even the best like Steph Curry can have issues with offensive consistency at times. If you don't have that world class athletic package, it's real easy to do. 

This is why teams had doubts on Young. This is why I had doubts on Young. We all see the potential and the talent but when it's not working like 2nd half Oklahoma, Oct-Dec rookie year or now, it can get bad and honestly, this is the worst its been at least shooting wise. Finishing has been bad before but he hasn't shot this poorly probably in his entire career. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Last season went downhill fast after Collins PED mess, this year he runs his mouth and the same thing happens..smh..Might as well ship that dude out of here..lol. He and Capela dont fit on offense anyway..Its obvious..And we got Capela for 2 more years on the cheap so..............................................I like you John, but you're the odd man out..Shouldve taken the 90 million.......

People think his defense has improved but in reality, his defensive impact is Zion at Duke with Cam status. Zion needed Cam on the floor and his metrics looked amazing but the minute Cam was off the floor, especially for a game, his defense was ass. Cam covers so much ground but his lack of discipline hurts his defensive metrics and the fact that he's challenging everything even shit that's not within his range screws his metrics but helps everyone else around him. He's basically doing Al Horford shit. 

John defense is still average to below average as ever. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say wherever Trae goes, the Hawks go but I will say if you are playing slightly above average offense and being one of the worst defensive players in the NBA and at times, clearly the worst while playing significant minutes, we will likely win or lose games based on your lack of impact. Trae last year had elite offensive impact and WOAT defensive impact and that wasn't enough. We needed him to have top 5 offensive player in the NBA offensive impact to justify his defense and become a top tier NBA team. With the way Trae is playing, he is justifying why I saw him as a boom or bust prospect and in the same tier as Collin Sexton and SGA. So much of his impact is based on his shooting and scoring.

Even if his passing is world class which it hasn't been this year, he really needs that elite scoring to balance his game out. Like I said last year, it would really help to see him develop into a floor general so he doesn't have to have so much pressure to play out of this world offensively like Rondo or Nash had in their prime and pre-prime.

Even the best like Steph Curry can have issues with offensive consistency at times. If you don't have that world class athletic package, it's real easy to do. 

This is why teams had doubts on Young. This is why I had doubts on Young. We all see the potential and the talent but when it's not working like 2nd half Oklahoma, Oct-Dec rookie year or now, it can get bad and honestly, this is the worst its been at least shooting wise. Finishing has been bad before but he hasn't shot this poorly probably in his entire career. 

Classic boom or bust pick..

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People think his defense has improved but in reality, his defensive impact is Zion at Duke with Cam status. Zion needed Cam on the floor and his metrics looked amazing but the minute Cam was off the floor, especially for a game, his defense was ass. Cam covers so much ground but his lack of discipline hurts his defensive metrics and the fact that he's challenging everything even shit that's not within his range screws his metrics but helps everyone else around him. He's basically doing Al Horford shit. 

John defense is still average to below average as ever. 

I wish we had a trade partner for him..How about this?(It works on trade machine) lol

Blazers get: JOHN COLLINS and Tony Snell

Hawks get:  Robert Covington(2 yr left on deal), Simons, and Trent Jr..

Blazers fans I know love John..

Simons and Trent Jr are up and coming and gives us another scorer on 2nd unit and young backup PG of the future..

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Gallo/Capela

Simons/TrentJr/Bogi/Covington/Gwu

Rondo/Dunn/Huerter/Hill/Bruno

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

I wish we had a trade partner for him..How about this?(It works on trade machine) lol

Blazers get: JOHN COLLINS, Huerter, and Snell

Hawks get:  Robert Covington(2 yr left on deal), Simons, and Trent Jr..

Blazers fans I know love John..

Simons and Trent Jr are up and coming and gives us another scorer on 2nd unit and young backup PG of the future..

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Gallo/Capela

Rondo/TrentJr/Bogi/Covington/Gwu

Simons/Dunn/Hill/Bruno

While this is clearly a good deal for Portland over Atlanta. I am not sure Portland is in love with trading Simons. That said, Covington is literally the ideal fit. The age gap is tough for the Hawks.

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While this is clearly a good deal for Portland over Atlanta. I am not sure Portland is in love with trading Simons. That said, Covington is literally the ideal fit.

I took Huerter out of the deal.. It's still a successful trade..lol

Collins and Snell for Covington, TrentJr, and Simons..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I took Huerter out of the deal.. It's still a successful trade..lol

Collins and Snell for Covington, TrentJr, and Simons..

It comes down to Simons for Portland and Covington age for Atlanta. This deal is a lot more realistic than Kevin where Atlanta would have flat out declined it.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It comes down to Simons for Portland and Covington age for Atlanta. This deal is a lot more realistic than Kevin where Atlanta would have flat out declined it.

I just hope Schlenk is trying..lol..Id do this deal...Covington only makes 12 mill and 13 next season..Youre right though he's 30, and we'd need a young stretch 4 soon..Now I see why Travis wanted PJ Washington if Cam was gone(I think you mentioned this a while back)...He was already thinking about replacing John imo..

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I just hope Schlenk is trying..lol..Id do this deal...Covington only makes 12 mill and 13 next season..Youre right though he's 30, and we'd need a young stretch 4 soon..Now I see why Travis wanted PJ Washington if Cam was gone(I think you mentioned this a while back)...He was already thinking about replacing John imo..

He was gonna be the pick

The more I think about it, the more I think we should start Gallo(when hes healthy) with Capela. Much better fit. He's a real stretch 4 who can score and play make..And Collins defense isnt that much better tbh...Let Collins feast on backup 4's with Rondo p&r...Collins might not be happy about that though, but it's not like he's gonna be here longterm..I think hes as good as gone..

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

we were supposed to fix this this season.

LP with the predictable fingers-crossed non-solutions...

It works great when our guys have it going on all cylinders.  But it looks real silly when we can’t string together any form of game flow or good basketball.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, klharper said:

LP with the predictable fingers-crossed non-solutions...

It works great when our guys have it going on all cylinders.  But it looks real silly when we can’t string together any form of game flow or good basketball.

As someone pointed out, it's all or nothing with our 3pt shooting.

• Like 1