• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is everybody ignoring it???

Diesel

• Premium Member

Sorry people.   Trae takes dumb shots.   They are dumb shots because of the timing. 

Last night's game.. I think we were down by two.  Trae passed up the Half Court three.. a few seconds later he takes the half court three.

The concept of getting into the offense and running a play never went through his mind.   Hero ball went through his mind. 

I mad because I just watched Kansas City run a play that got them to the conference finals.  I'm not mad at the play or the team... It's the discipline of a thing.  If only Trae could see the discipline of running plays... we'd beat everybody.. even with all of these injured players.   But he doesn't see the discipline of the thing and how it leads to winning. 

The thing you can blame LP for is not being harder on Trae when he does the B.S.   At the end of the day, LP is trying to keep his job... but if somebody was coaching that didn't have the fear, they could do wonders with Trae. 

Damn.. I agree for a change. LP has to go and a more discipline minded coach needs the reigns asap. Better to nipp this in the BUD before it gets too engrained into Trae and the rest of the young players.

They need a coach, not a damn friend or buddy

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nobody is ignoring that. We all have spoken out against it, especially after last night.

Not us...

Them...

Even as Trae was putting up the boneheaded shot... I didn't hear Nique say a word about how dumb a shot it was.  Instead, he was talking about how they have left the door open for us.  Everybody in the arena could see it was Hero ball.   Trae wanted to drop a three that gave us a lead.  However, we had the ball and some time... he should have run a play.   This was not even a heat check.  It was just him wanting to be the star. 

We need the coach that will bench him and let him watch from the bench. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, klharper said:

No one’s ignoring it.  National media’s on to it, in fact.  It’s the top listed article on CBS sports right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/trae-youngs-ill-advised-3-pointer-tells-larger-tale-an-average-shooter-at-best-who-thinks-hes-steph-curry/amp/

Damn the national media is so mean.  How dare they use those things called Stats. 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry people.   Trae takes dumb shots.   They are dumb shots because of the timing. 

Last night's game.. I think we were down by two.  Trae passed up the Half Court three.. a few seconds later he takes the half court three.

The concept of getting into the offense and running a play never went through his mind.   Hero ball went through his mind. 

I mad because I just watched Kansas City run a play that got them to the conference finals.  I'm not mad at the play or the team... It's the discipline of a thing.  If only Trae could see the discipline of running plays... we'd beat everybody.. even with all of these injured players.   But he doesn't see the discipline of the thing and how it leads to winning. 

The thing you can blame LP for is not being harder on Trae when he does the B.S.   At the end of the day, LP is trying to keep his job... but if somebody was coaching that didn't have the fear, they could do wonders with Trae. 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Literally nobody is ignoring it. Engage with other threads diesel. 

Smh the more these things come about the quicker LP is moving towards being fired.

if I were LP I would lean on getting the offense fixed ASAP as that should be the easiest thing to fix or adjust that may generate wins quickly.

not saying worry about the defense later but LP may only have a shot at keeping his job if the offense can find a true identity 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dakin said:

Literally nobody is ignoring it. Engage with other threads diesel. 

I like Diesel but he has been doing the same sh*t for over a decade. There will be a thread on a subject and instead of commenting on that thread he will create another one but give it a click bait title. I am not sure what site he has been coming to for the last week but this topic had been discussed non-stop since the report about John's comment came out. Diesel is going to be Diesel but we still love him around these parts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Last time LP was on Trae he came out took 7 shots all game and had 6 turnovers in the first quarter, most of them unforced. 

I refuse to remember this game.  It never happened.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Fire LP for what? Trae's not fixable. He doesn't want to be fixed. It is what it is. 

I don't agree with such a blacket statement. He's in his 3rd NBA season (2nd really if you count actually NBA games played). Let that sink in for a mimute.

Maybe LP isn't the one to 'fix' him. (and NO, this isn't a fire LP thought).

It's as if we expect him to be a complete, finished, unblemished player. He isn't. He's still a flawed player. Now I'm not saying he'll get 'there' - but at least give him a real chance to figure it out, not just 6 games in a weird season. (I used 6 because we didn't hv the pile on when we were 4-1).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't agree with such a blacket statement. He's in his 3rd NBA season (2nd really if you count actually NBA games played). Let that sink in for a mimute.

Maybe LP isn't the one to 'fix' him. (and NO, this isn't a fire LP thought).

It's as if we expect him to be a complete, finished, unblemished player. He isn't. He's still a flawed player. Now I'm not saying he'll get 'there' - but at least give him a real chance to figure it out, not just 6 games in a weird season.

I just want last year's Trae. I've given up on the off ball stuff.

• Moderators

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Oh heck yeah.   Trae was never going to be a great off the ball player.   We don't need that anyway.   Hell we've got like 10 now anyway.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

We all do, but by all accounts he's being asked to do things differently. So we either accept that it'll take some adjustments since he has played one way his entire life or we go back to a strictly Traeccentric offense.

I do want him to reign in his propensity for hero ball 3s and be more judicious with his shot selections and to take care of the ball.

• Premium Member

I agree with the bolded. If he can, he'll be better for it. Now if he can't, then it's a different ball game.

18. Atlanta Hawks (↓Previously 15th), 5-7, +1.0 net rating

Weekly slate: Win over Sixers, Loss at Jazz, Loss at Blazers

What do we like moving forward? Trae Young will figure it out. He’s kind of getting hammered on social media and in basketball discussions right now because things are going so poorly. Following the reporting of the film session issues and fallout, the Hawks’ franchise point guard has been miserable on the court. In fact, he’s been really bad over his last eight games, period. The Hawks are flying much lower than they were before, and these eight games from Young would indicate why. During these eight games, Young has averaged just 18.3 points on 32.9 percent from the field and 22.2 percent from deep. He’s in a bad spot right now, but he’s so talented. We’ll see him climb out of this hole and get the Hawks back on track. He just has to learn how to deal with this adversity.

Why are they here? I was hoping the win over the Sixers was the turn back in the right direction, but it wasn’t. Losing to Utah and Portland aren’t bad things at all. However, Utah dominated them, and Atlanta couldn’t take advantage of a battered Portland interior.

https://theathletic.com/2315096/2021/01/18/nba-power-rankings-lakers-bucks-clippers-nets-james-harden/

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Oh heck yeah.   Trae was never going to be a great off the ball player.   We don't need that anyway.   Hell we've got like 10 now anyway.  

What I want to see is what LPs strategy is when teams force the ball from Trae, either by doubling him or ball denying him. How does he develop him offball to make teams pay for doing it.