• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Screens & Coaching Challenges

Dynamo

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Are the Hawks using an appropriate amount of screens (to get players open ) and are we using coaching challenges properly ?

ask @TheNorthCydeRises rises.  He's been banging the drum that we don't set and hold screens, we do a lot of slip screens. some discussion here:

The COG in the SYSTEM... - Homecourt - Hawksquawk.net

• Like 2

After North pointed it out I started to pay a lot more attention to it and yes capela slips a ton of screens with Trae. I’m not so sure if it’s because Trae wants it or not ....seems to be apart of LP offense to me. Whoever sets Traes screen slips to keep pressure on the goal . 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JTB said:

After North pointed it out I started to pay a lot more attention to it and yes capela slips a ton of screens with Trae. I’m not so sure if it’s because Trae wants it or not ....seems to be apart of LP offense to me. Whoever sets Traes screen slips to keep pressure on the goal . 

Good observation and I think there’s something to this. Especially with Trae attacking, it creates a lot of easy offense for us.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Kevin should set a lot more off ball screens and relocate for open shots a la Klay. When Cam tightens up his handle and decision making going downhill I’d like to see some PNP between he and John a la Peak Al Horford.

I saw cp3 setting screens today ...I think all our players should set screens in my opinion! No one should just be standing around...set screens and move it! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

I saw cp3 setting screens today ...I think all our players should set screens in my opinion! No one should just be standing around...set screens and move it! 

True dat, all my favorite small guards set em.  Steph’s shooting didn’t make me a huge fan (it didn’t hurt lol) , but leading the league in screen assists for guards every year did.  I know some guys simply aren’t built for it, physically or mentally.  I saw LaMelo hold a Big in the lane for all of 3 seconds like an offensive lineman so his teammate had a clean driving layup.  When you make plays like that you don’t have to run your lip about “I just wanna win.”  It’s shown.

People slept on Eric Gordon too.  I’ve seen him set readjusted screens like a C, nice solid ones, the ready to catch and shoot.  How many did Harden set for him?  0.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1