• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy

JayBirdHawk

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy
25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What about everybody thought that Cam was better than this guy

I caught hell picking him over Cam and I really like Cam now (didn’t back then). It’s interesting looking at the VAST difference in consistency between the two.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Their careers aren't over yet. 

Everybody thought that Cam would be better now...Not in 5 years.  They were trying to bench, trade, and label the guy a back up power forward.  Now everybody is back tracking a little and claiming that he was their guy all along.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Everybody thought that Cam would be better now...Not in 5 years.  They were trying to bench, trade, and label the guy a back up power forward.  Now everybody is back tracking a little and claiming that he was their guy all along.

I was one that though year 2 was when you will see the real De'Andre Hunter. 

You are right, a lot of people in the national media and local was writing off Hunter. I wasn't one. I was the one pushing him more than Kevin. The only person I wanted to start over Hunter was Hayward. Other than that, I wasn't even sure who would start if it was between Cam and Hunter at the start of the preseason. You can look that up too. 

Ultimately, Cam has made some improvements but his consistency this year has been ass whereas he finished Jan-Mar strong as a rookie and gained 1.7 on his WAR. At least this year, his WAR is a .4. That's improvement from Reddish. 

Hunter impact doesn't shock me, I was sky high on him as a prospect and knew he just needed time considering his role and system at UVA. Outside of Brogdon, most UVA players need a year. 

• Like 2

Both of our wings will be good one of these days. Its great to see Hunter off to great start this season. We don't have to put cam and hunter against each other folks...same damn team and both will be here long term along with trae, Collins, Capela and Huerter.

• Like 2

Cam is more talented (IMO) and he was playing better for most of 2020. It was more than reasonable to think he would be better this season. And he still could be at some point in the coming months, which would be great for our team. But Hunter has been a consistent bright spot in a bumpy season so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Who? lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Ive mostly seen "Cam should start over Huerter" not Hunter...Ive always labeled Cam as a 2 guard myself..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Both of our wings will be good one of these days. Its great to see Hunter off to great start this season. We don't have to put cam and hunter against each other folks...same damn team and both will be here long term along with trae, Collins, Capela and Huerter.

You sure Collins will be here longterm?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

What about everybody thought that Cam was better than this guy

I don't remember seeing this at all. Everyone pretty much agreed Cam had the higher ceiling, but not that he was better right now. Me personally I always had Cam as our SG and Dre as our 3. I never really compared the 2 like they're in competition for the same spot. If I ever compared Cam with someone else it was Kevin, not Dre

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I don't remember seeing this at all. Everyone pretty much agreed Cam had the higher ceiling, but not that he was better right now. Me personally I always had Cam as our SG and Dre as our 3. I never really compared the 2 like they're in competition for the same spot. If I ever compared Cam with someone else it was Kevin, not Dre

You might want to take a gander at the depth chart thread