• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy

JayBirdHawk

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would trade Snell and a 2nd for JJ Reddick.

"No thanks, Snell's too good a shooter for us." - D. Griff aka the guy who complained when Lebron won him a title

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not going to let you claim this win.  You normally call about 80% of the prospects busts, so you had an 80% chance of hitting on this one. 😅

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47k28ve17o1b1ju35cm

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479r4v7tu43swnzubjd7

• Haha 4

Not sure if this is considered an update on Hunter, but it gives a timeline regarding his recovery.  If it's a week, he should be back for the weekend games. 

https://theathletic.com/2357288/2021/02/01/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-john-collins-deandre-hunter/

Hunter underwent a non-surgical procedure on Saturday, which, according to Dr. Deepak Chona, the founder of SportsMedAnalytics, was likely a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection, which takes a sample of Hunter’d blood, takes out the components that stimulate healing and concentrate them into a solution that is then injected into his knee. Chona’s professional medical opinion is Hunter will miss one to two weeks depending on how his knee heals. What’s more concerning with Hunter having articular wear and tear is it means the protective layers in the joint have been damaged, and it’s likely to linger, which may lead to pain and swelling with increased durations of intense activity. Chona said this type of injury mainly is managed on a case-by-case basis with the player being able to handle symptoms and playing through them.

• Sad 5

On 2/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, marco102 said:

Not sure if this is considered an update on Hunter, but it gives a timeline regarding his recovery.  If it's a week, he should be back for the weekend games. 

https://theathletic.com/2357288/2021/02/01/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-john-collins-deandre-hunter/

This doesn't sound good at all..Someone make me feel better about this please.....

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, terrell said:

This doesn't sound good at all..Someone make me feel better about this please.....

Kemba Walker has a simlar injury and has played through it pretty well. Dre doesn't rely on quickness either.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, aali34 said:

Kemba Walker has a simlar injury and has played through it pretty well. Dre doesn't rely on quickness either.

I don't think that's right. Kemba had a PRP injection the end last season around October, he was put on a 12 week strengthening schedule before returning. He missed the start of the season and has played in only 7 games so far.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

2019 Redraft:

4. De’Andre Hunter, Atlanta (actual pick: fourth): Hey, the league is 4 for 4 so far! This never happens. Good job, everyone. Shooting up the board this year after a hugely disappointing rookie season, Hunter was a candidate to win the Most Improved Player award before being sidelined with a knee injury. He was an older rookie and is already 23, but his performance this year (PER 17.5 with solid D at the league’s hardest position to fill) is the thing that teams with the next set of prospects are just hoping they get somewhere down the line.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I would trade Snell and a 2nd for JJ Reddick.

Take this back NOW! lol

On 1/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, Atlantaholic said:

I would trade Snell and a 2nd for a very tall broom. 

You too..lol. Just saw you already did..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Take this back NOW! lol

You too..lol. Just saw you already did..lol

In my defense, at the time of my trade suggestion, Snell had played in only 8 games and was averaging 30% from 3. :laugh1: