• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: The Steady Eddy

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

(Forgive the copy and paste from yesterday...)

If you trust that when DAH and Cam get back, and that Dunn will make his first appearance in a real game sometime this month, then you might imagine that the heroics in the last second of last night's game wouldn't have been necessary had the team had some higher-caliber defense.

LWR_Recording.png

Given the choice of...

A) Snell + [insert name of free agent big here]

or

B) Dieng + Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

I think I want B.

Indeed, when you do the same analysis of Dieng and RHJ, they show up at the very opposite end on defensive rating on their teams over the last 5 years. Dieng, in fact, has been his team's best every time.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Simplis knew Hunter was poised for a breakout year during Day 2 of what was roughly one month spent together in Glendale, Calif., this past offseason. There’s a drill Simplis does where players have to handle the basketball in tight parameters while being guarded by two defenders, and the ballhandler has to make it down the court as the defenders are overtly aggressive and physical. Some of the players Simplis works with, such as Oklahoma City’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Brooklyn’s Spencer Dinwiddie and New Orleans’ Nickeil Alexander-Walker, have executed it well, which, they should because they’re on-ball guards. Hunter is 6-foot-8, has a wingspan longer than 7 feet and is more of an off-ball player. With the ease Hunter glided down the court, Simplis knew his client was destined for a bigger opportunity in his second year with the Hawks.

“I was like, ‘OK, guys are going to have a hard time guarding him with his size, athleticism, physical prowess, and now he’s controlling his dribble like that,”‘ Simplis said. “That’s when I knew he was going to make a big splash playing off the pound the way he executed this drill. When we started scrimmaging, it translated.”

• Like 4

If folks weren't sure about which game Hunter comes back for us this is close to a confirmation at least.

Hawks interim head coach Nate McMillan has indicated on back-to-back days that De’Andre Hunter practiced in full on Saturday, with the potential of a return on Monday. He may need time to reach game speed, but Hunter’s possible deployment makes things even more interesting for Atlanta.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yo I cannot tell you how hyped I am for tonight's game.  We might get to see our squad at full strength.  Hunter is such a massive upgrade from Snell/Hill in the starting unit.  I got my Hunter jersey on getting ready -- ESPN game now too!!  I hope we show up in a big way

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yo I cannot tell you how hyped I am for tonight's game.  We might get to see our squad at full strength.  Hunter is such a massive upgrade from Snell/Hill in the starting unit.  I got my Hunter jersey on getting ready -- ESPN game now too!!  I hope we show up in a big way

Wait what !?!

I tune out for one weekend and come back to extra surprises 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Wait what !?!

I tune out for one weekend and come back to extra surprises 

Yeah, start time moved to 7PM as well.  Just read that this morning so it might have been a last minute swap?

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, start time moved to 7PM as well.  Just read that this morning so it might have been a last minute swap?

Im seeing NBATV at 7:30. Do you know if it was this one or the next game?

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Oops, it's Wednesdays game that was moved, my bad!!!!

Aaahhh got it, yep!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im seeing NBATV at 7:30. Do you know if it was this one or the next game?

Aaahhh got it, yep!

Yeah ESPN wants Westbrook for triple double history. Has nothing to do with the Hawks..lol

Although, he could break the record tonight. I hope he doesnt.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah ESPN wants Westbrook for triple double history. Has nothing to do with the Hawks..lol

I hope not, but he can break all the records as long as the Hawks WIN!! 

• Like 3

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope not, but he can break all the records as long as the Hawks WIN!! 

Yeah.  Not sure what his record this year is when he has a triple double.   Hopefully he goes for 10-10-10 tonight.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

They're also hoping Beal is back for scoring title talk.lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2