• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It was excellent.  He screened Trae's man so well that it knocked him completely off balance.

Trae has an easy path to the basket, and the help defense could do nothing but foul him.

If no one is going to create points for Trae via passing him the ball, they need to do it by creating space to drive to the basket.

Whoa ... you cheatin' on Bruno?

Curious what people now think Edwards would be for us, now that we see how things are playing out for us?

Just wondering hypothetically.  Was reading some twolve fans comments about him, made me curious.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Curious what people now think Edwards would be for us, now that we see how things are playing out for us?

Just wondering hypothetically.  Was reading some twolve fans comments about him, made me curious.

I mean, if we had Edwards would we have pursued Bogi? I think Edwards would still be great for us in the long run.  This season, he'd be a bench piece, but that's what I was always saying anyway.

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I mean, if we had Edwards would we have pursued Bogi? I think Edwards would still be great for us in the long run.  This season, he'd be a bench piece, but that's what I was always saying anyway.

The problems he showed at Georgia are still there. It's not just his rock bottom shooting splits. His block, steal and defensive rebounding rate is among the lowest of NBA wings. Considering his substantial athletic gifts, that is very concerning. He has so far to go to become a winning player.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The problems he showed at Georgia are still there. It's not just his rock bottom shooting splits. His block, steal and defensive rebounding rate is among the lowest of NBA wings. Considering his substantial athletic gifts, that is very concerning. He has so far to go to become a winning player.

Yeah, but he's young which is why I said long run. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think we'd be fools not to.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but he's young which is why I said long run. 

46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah. I don’t think he went to a place that will maximize what he can be as a player too. He’s the classic high potential athlete with the right mindset (aggressive scorer) and raw skills. Where his career trends depends on the level of dedication to developing his own talent. From what Jimmy said, those boys up there in Minny ain’t got that fire to be great.

• Like 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae DID step up on defense. 

Thank you.   It was an obvious charge and I was stunned they missed it.  I guess everyone was watching the block.   I think there was still a second on the clock that would have given us the ball if they'd called the charge but it worked out. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae DID step up on defense. 

"So I'm hearing ... in a film session (yeah, yeah, that sounds good), Tray Young was pissed at Jim Collins for stealing the shine off his defensive play.  So yeah ...... Hawks're gonna trade Young to the Knicks for a protected 2nd .... per my sources." - National Media guy

🤓

• Haha 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"So I'm hearing ... in a film session (yeah, yeah, that sounds good), Tray Young was pissed at Jim Collins for stealing the shine off his defensive play.  So yeah ...... Hawks're gonna trade Young to the Knicks for a protected 2nd .... per my sources." - National Media guy

🤓

LOL.   But not just a 2nd.  We're holding out to get Frank and his career 6/2.   'but he's a great defender'!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

LOL.   But not just a 2nd.  We're holding out to get Frank and his career 6/2.   'but he's a great defender'!

"I'm told ..... Hawks are making unrealistic demands.  Insist on adding a young piece with superstar potential in exchange for Trae Jones" - NY Media guy

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This should be our 2nd team lineup ( until Gallo comes back )

PG - Rondo

G - Huerter

F - Hill

PF - Okongwu

C - Bruno

While this lineup looks like straight trash offensively, I think they could hold their own on offense, and be decent defensively.  In this lineup, all roles could clearly be defined.  Huerter becomes the 1st option, while Rondo runs the show.   With both bigs showing the willingness to set proper screens, this could even make Rondo more effective on pick and roll situations.  This also puts Solo where he should be . . out on the wing defensively, and shooting spot up 3s on offense.

As for Edwards, I think this is more of a situation in which the coach is asking him to do too much, too soon.  If Edwards were here, we wouldn't have Bogi. LP would probably try to play Edwards at PG, just to justify him being on the floor with Huerter and Cam.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Thank you.   It was an obvious charge and I was stunned they missed it.  I guess everyone was watching the block.   I think there was still a second on the clock that would have given us the ball if they'd called the charge but it worked out. 

I just didn't want to leave it If that ball went in, it would have been up to the refs to make the call - charge or block? Glad it didn't come down to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1