• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is It Too Late To Take Back Some Predictions lol

sillent

If John Collins gets traded I do still believe he will be an Allstar just of course not for the Hawks.

My memory is foggy right now but I believe 2way players can play more than the normal games and I also believe we can guarantee it especially if the roster position is available. Saying that to say if Collins is gone Nathan Knight is going to beast. Okongwu will be ready sooner than later too and they both are natural defenders.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2021/01/14/atlanta-hawks-trade-concept-cleveland-cavaliers/

This was one rumor I read (sorry by the way if I'm on a similar topic it's been a lil minute).

I actually would do it in order to keep the rest of our young core at good prices as well as a poor man's John who might be better defensively and is still athletic so Trae could help atleast turn him into a yr 2 John lol... 

McGee has won multiple championships on a few teams and has just played with Rondo. He's a 7fter too did I mention that and actually surprisingly skilled but at the minimum can rebound and defend the paint.

Knowing Schlenk like we know him he will definitely get a 1st rounder out of the deal.

John will get his money and a chance to really shine on his own aka Shawn Kemp. Again Nathan Knight and Onyeka are gems and both play better defense as well as do similar things on offense. This way Gallo and Trae can really show out. Win Win for everyone but what do y'all think?

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Garbage trade.  Deal Collins for an older, worse player and a limited older backup?  Nope.  We're good thanks.

@sillent - Since you have two threads on trading Collins, I'm going to combine the two.

Teams rarely trade young stars. I highly doubt we trade JC. If anything we pay him this summer.

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Teams rarely trade young stars. I highly doubt we trade JC. If anything we pay him this summer.

How much more obvious is it that he's the engine of this team.   And the predicted lack of fit with CC is looking more wrong every game. 

The other part is that Trae and Collins need each other.    

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

How much more obvious is it that he's the engine of this team.   And the predicted lack of fit with CC is looking more wrong every game. 

The other part is that Trae and Collins need each other.    

I guess a team could always make a godfather offer to us, highly doubt it though. More likely is we get low balled by everybody, and end up paying him ourselves.

And to the "we could have saved money if we paid him before the season," crowd. No not really. We offered 90+, with a willingness to go a little higher I'm sure. JC was looking for a max or a near max. So if we are giving him that kind of deal may as well get one more year of savings out of his rookie deal.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

And to the "we could have saved money if we paid him before the season," crowd. No not really. We offered 90+, with a willingness to go a little higher I'm sure. JC was looking for a max or a near max. So if we are giving him that kind of deal may as well get one more year of savings out of his rookie deal.

We aren't going to get one more year of savings out of his rookie deal (there are no actual dollars saved but we should have additional cap room until he signs) but I agree there was little downside in letting him "prove it" on this (theoretically) deeper and more balanced roster prior to giving him a max or near max deal.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, AHF said:

We aren't going to get one more year of savings out of his rookie deal (there are no actual dollars saved but we should have additional cap room until he signs) but I agree there was little downside in letting him "prove it" on this (theoretically) deeper and more balanced roster prior to giving him a max or near max deal.

This.

Collins' caphold is $12 million. Assuming projected salary cap between $112-$115 million, Hawks won't have any FA capspace, however if for example Gallo and Rondo can't stay healthy they become valuable expiring contracts in a trade, that's $27 million dollars, so having Collins $12 mil cap vs if we signed him to his new deal this offseason helps.

If John really wants to be here I'd definitely keep him. I just hope he's all in and if so we got a big 3 - 5 with Dre and Cam and our bench is no joke either. It was just getting a little questionable and if that was the case better sooner than later.

Who is TJ Mc Connell by the way? Y'all silly 🤪 🤣 

I hope y'all joking 

• Haha 1