• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just a reminder, Travie got Capela for a mid 1st and Evan Turner

NBASupes

• Premium Member

This was the pick we got from the Brooklyn Nets for taking Allen Crabbe's salary dump. 

(The Nets have been good to us, we also used their pick from the Prince trade in the trade up from #8 to #4 to grab Hunter).

“I think it’s just understanding our concepts and picking and choosing the spots where he can be a tremendous helper,” coach Lloyd Pierce said. “He’s not blocking a lot of shots on his own man. He’s doing it on penetration and doing it as we’re funneling the basketball to him. I just challenged our group that we know what Clint is bringing, what can we do to continue to bring guys down to him so he can be in that position more often? It’s a challenge to them to contain the basketball, to be more physical at the point of attack, and if we get beat or in a compromised position, we know we have help back there. I think he’s understanding where we want him and where we’re trying to position him and how we can help most effectively at times.”

There are still some kinks to work out with the Hawks and Capela and how they surround him. Because he’s a non-shooter, it forces John Collins to space on the perimeter, and the lanes are sometimes clogged for Trae Young to drive to the rim. Collins’ counting stats have been down from what they were last season, but he has been an impact stats king. Before Friday’s game, the Hawks were absurdly 21.4 points better with Collins on the floor than without him. Also, the Hawks are 13.6 points worse defensively with Collins off the floor, and the combination of Capela and Collins together in the frontcourt has been mostly phenomenal defensively.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They can't admit they were wrong to ROB Trae Young and Clint of their deserving All Star selections. Now they are trying to screw them out of All NBA teams. 

It is going to be so nice as these Hawks blaze through the playoffs and catch all the hayers off guard. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Clint should definitely be in consideration for that All-NBA third team. The only centers that I see having a better year than him are Jokic, Embiid, and maaaaybbeeeeee Vucevic.

Hell, they may give it to Gobert since his team is in first place.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Clint should definitely be in consideration for that All-NBA third team. The only centers that I see having a better year than him are Jokic, Embiid, and maaaaybbeeeeee Vucevic.

Gobert will get the nod over him. I guarantee it. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Sad 2