• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now begins the REAL SCHEDULE for the Hawks

TheNorthCydeRises

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For Sundays matchup vs Bucks all eyes will be on Giannis, however the matchup I'll be watching most closely is Hunter vs Middleton.

It will also be interesting to see if LP sticks with Huerter in the starting lineup. DDV vs Huerter. Or does Cam start to matchup vs Jrue leaving Trae on DDV.

There is a concern with Lopez pulling Capela from the paint, so I want to see how LP counters. I think we'll be cross matching in some form so Capela stays close to the basket.

I was thinking about this too, maybe Cam gets the starting nod the next few games for defensive purposes only against MIL, LAC, and BKN. Those teams have too much firepower to use Kev to hide Trae.

If this were a playoff series I could see us implementing some zone concepts to wall off Giannis, but I don't know if we have the practice time to work that in. But a 1-3-1 with Cam-JC-Dre as the wall and Clint behind them. Trae wouldn't need to ball pressure Giannis, he could float to Jrue or DVV, Cam or Dre would always be in the area of Middleton on either side of the court, as well as able to collapse on Giannis if he drives. Clint there to meet him at the rim. 

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There are absolutely NO BREAKS in the remaining schedule.   Even the weakest team ( Washington ) has 2 All-Star level guards.

Every other team is currently now in playoff contention.

16 Sun, Jan 24, 2021 8:00p     @ Milwaukee Bucks                
17 Tue, Jan 26, 2021 7:30p       Los Angeles Clippers                
18 Wed, Jan 27, 2021 7:30p       Brooklyn Nets                
19 Fri, Jan 29, 2021 7:00p     @ Washington Wizards                
20 Mon, Feb 1, 2021 7:30p       Los Angeles Lakers                
G Date Start (ET)       Opponent     Tm Opp W L Streak Notes
21 Wed, Feb 3, 2021 7:30p       Dallas Mavericks                
22 Thu, Feb 4, 2021 7:30p       Utah Jazz                
23 Sat, Feb 6, 2021 7:30p       Toronto Raptors                
24 Wed, Feb 10, 2021 7:30p     @ Dallas Mavericks                
25 Fri, Feb 12, 2021 7:30p       San Antonio Spurs                
26 Sat, Feb 13, 2021 7:30p       Indiana Pacers                
27 Mon, Feb 15, 2021 7:30p     @ New York Knicks                
28 Wed, Feb 17, 2021 7:30p     @ Boston Celtics                
29 Fri, Feb 19, 2021 7:30p     @ Boston Celtics                
30 Sun, Feb 21, 2021 7:30p       Denver Nuggets                
31 Tue, Feb 23, 2021 7:00p     @ Cleveland Cavaliers                
32 Wed, Feb 24, 2021 7:30p       Boston Celtics                
33 Fri, Feb 26, 2021 8:00p     @ Oklahoma City Thunder                
34 Sun, Feb 28, 2021 6:00p     @ Miami Heat                
35 Tue, Mar 2, 2021 7:30p     @ Miami Heat                
36 Wed, Mar 3, 2021 7:00p     @ Orlando Magic                

8 of our next 11 games are at home ( if that means anything anymore ).

After that, 8 of our next 10 are on the road ( thankfully against teams more on our level )

Needless to say, we need a heathly squad the rest of the way to survive this.  Going 11 - 10 in these next 21 games, would probably be decent.

14 - 7 is probably the max we can do.

Anything below 8 - 11 though, would be a major disappointment.

Just based on looking at that gauntlet.

We NEED to win the following games:

WAS, split with DAL, TOR, revenge vs CLE, Pick up at least 1 of the 3 vs BOS, split with MIA. and then beat ORL.

I have SAS, Indy, DEN, NYK, OKC and BKN as toss ups that we can hopefully go 3-3 with (Knicks have our number if ya'll haven't noticed).

To me, that qualifies as taking care of business and gets us to 18-18 if we lose the other games. If we can accomplish those 10 wins and still pick up maybe 2 or 3 more wins against the field along the way, we will be in great shape.  

• Like 2

On 1/23/2021 at 2:49 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Just based on looking at that gauntlet.

We NEED to win the following games:

WAS, split with DAL, TOR, revenge vs CLE, Pick up at least 1 of the 3 vs BOS, split with MIA. and then beat ORL.

I have SAS, Indy, DEN, NYK, OKC and BKN as toss ups that we can hopefully go 3-3 with (Knicks have our number if ya'll haven't noticed).

To me, that qualifies as taking care of business and gets us to 18-18 if we lose the other games. If we can accomplish those 10 wins and still pick up maybe 2 or 3 more wins against the field along the way, we will be in great shape.  

We are off to a 1-2 start in this stretch, which is actually ahead of pace. 

Next 6 games: WAS, LAL, UTA, TOR, DALx2. We need to go 3-3. Im assuming we lose to Lakers and Jazz, and am hoping for a split with DAL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forget about yesterday. It happened. We are now 1 game off the pace I had us at because we were not able to split with Dallas.

We NEED to win these next 2 games now against SAS and Indy, and really the game against the Knicks too for good measure.

I hope the Dallas loss serves as a wake up call and we take care of our business.

Here's to a winning streak on the horizon and hopefully 14-13 when we meet Boston next week.

• Like 2