• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Allstar Game 2020-21 Coming to Atlanta.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would suck if Hawks doesn't have a representative.

Especially if we are like we are record-wise where we are in line to be a playoff team.  Think the coaches might have to think hard about Trae if that is the case.  He is obviously a huge difference-maker for this team and we are the 6th seed as of today.

• Like 3

Lebron may have just torpedoed the All-Star game

From ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30837547/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-zero-energy-zero-excitement-all-star-game

"I have zero energy and zero excitement about an All-Star Game this year," James said after the Los Angeles Lakers' 114-93 win over the Denver Nuggets on Thursday. "I don't even understand why we're having an All-Star Game."

"Short offseason for myself and my teammates, 71 days," James said, referring to the time the Lakers had from Game 6 of the NBA Finals in October to opening night against the LA Clippers in December. "And then coming into this season, we were told that we were not having an All-Star Game, so we'd have a nice little break. Five days [in March] from the 5th through the 10th, an opportunity for me to kind of recalibrate for the second half of the season. My teammates as well. Some of the guys in the league.

"And then they throw an All-Star Game on us like this and just breaks that all the way up. So, um, pretty much kind of a slap in the face."

"We're also still dealing with a pandemic," James said. "We're still dealing with everything that's been going on, and we're going to bring the whole league into one city that's open? Obviously, the pandemic has absolutely nothing to do with it at this point when it comes to that weekend.

"Obviously, you guys can see that I'm not very happy about it."

"It's the agreement that the players' association and the league came about. ... It's out of my hands," James said. "I'll be there if I'm selected. But I'll be there physically, but not mentally."

Image result for lebron leaving gif

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, kg01 said:

I'm going full hypocrite mode in saying folks shldnt vote for dudes on losing teams like Beal and Grant.

Haha, not even ashamed of it either.

Beal got my vote.  I'm shocked that he leads all East guards.  But with his ppg average, it's hard to leave him off.

So it's Beal - and the other 4 Hawks getting votes from me.

• Premium Member

With all the (extremely) biased complaining about Trae's uncanny ability to draw fouls, that's all of a sudden become a problem this season, it's not suprising to me that his vote totals are way lower than they otherwise would be.  It's funny (not really) how there's no problem at all with guys like Harden and Doncic doing it though.

• Thanks 3

The NBA all star game has become nothing more than a shooting expedition.  I know.  Money.  Players sometimes have a big bonus coming if they make the team.  They are selected by a popularity contest.  Then, the coaches select the remainder of the team.

I believe that a player who is able to play and refuses to go to the game should forfeit his bonus.

Players love to go to the game, not so much to play, but to visit with the other elite players.

:hi:

If my favorite team has no one playing, I have no real interest in watching.  If I do have, then I worry that he will really mess up and be responsible for that team's defeat.  As you can see, I am no big fan of the all star game.  I agree with LBJ, just forget it.  Hawks have enough players out injured as it is.  We send Trae and he gets hurt.  Ugh...

:smug: