• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vote for Trae, Clint, JC, and De'Andre for the All Star game

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Done. Voted for Trae, Hunter, Collins, and Capela. I threw in Jaylen Brown because he legit deserves to be there as well despite being a Celtic. I'll do what I did last season and vote as many times as I'm legally allowed to. If the Hawks continue to play around .500 ball, I honestly think they can get as many as 3 guys in this season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You don't tell me what to do ........

...... but I voted for them anyway.  Added Jaylen since ... ya know, since Jaylen >>> Jason Tatum.

I was a huge Tatum fan as a rookie, never really cared much for Brown.  I think they’re neck and neck now, neither anything to write home about in terms of playmaking.  I take these outstanding three point shooting seasons with a grain of salt ever since Robert Covington was seen as a marksman wtf.

But yeah, I think all 4 of our guys are deserving without looking at numbers and games played too tough.  So many normally shoe-in candidates have missed considerable time there’s no way dudes like Jimmy or Tatum make it.  If Jerami Grant is in and Beal is out that’s a good start IMO.

Edited by benhillboy

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I was a huge Tatum fan as a rookie, never really cared much for Brown.  I think they’re neck and neck now, neither anything to write home about in terms of playmaking.  I take these outstanding three point shooting seasons with a grain of salt every since Robert Covington was seen as a marksman wtf.

But yeah, I think all 4 of our guys are deserving without looking at numbers and games played too tough.  So many candidates have missed considerable time there’s no way Jimmy or Tatum make it.  If Jerami Grant is in and Beal is out that’s a good start IMO.

It can be argued Tatum hasn't improved since he was a rookie.  Brown has gotten better every year and it can be argued that he was having the better year when Tatum was selected as an all-star.  Don't be blinded by the light shining off Golden Boy's dome.  Brown is the better, more efficient player.

No way Grant can be an all-star.  DET is terrible.  He's a bad-team number compiler until he proves different.

On another, slightly more controversial note, I wonder even if Harden should be selected.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It can be argued Tatum hasn't improved since he was a rookie.  Brown has gotten better every year and it can be argued that he was having the better year when Tatum was selected as an all-star.  Don't be blinded by the light shining off Golden Boy's dome.  Brown is the better, more efficient player.

No way Grant can be an all-star.  DET is terrible.  He's a bad-team number compiler until he proves different.

On another, slightly more controversial note, I wonder even if Harden should be selected.

Absolutely not. His behavior in Houston should be taken into consideration. He shouldn't be allowed to just show up in the Eastern Conference and automatically get an All Star spot like he wasn't cancerous on and off the court in Houston.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Jaylen definitely had higher to climb to improve (.508 rookie eFG compared to Tatum’s .538). I think Tatum has fallen off in terms of shot selection and all-around D, places where Brown kinda excels.

Grant is only 2 spots behind John the Baptist in RPM for what it’s worth.  That roster is abominable and I think he’s a pretty mistake-free player given his profile.  MIP might be a more appropriate accolade.  I just don’t wanna hear Beal crying about a snub when he never even tries on D.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

If you're not voting for a Hawk in the east, you should vote for a scrub. A vote for someone half way decent is a vote towards someone who could beat a Hawk. 

Noted. Left Jaylen off this time and will continue to do so going forward. It's all Hawks from today on. 

• Like 1