Vote for Trae, Clint, JC, and De'Andre for the All Star game

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do we know to what degree the "offense" restricts any of them though?  It seems to me Trae is restricting himself in the name of getting others involved.  It's led to more wins (not enough wins for our liking but certainly "more"), which is the point.

I'm not one who thinks we should be featuring Collins in the post or w/e so I see his diminished production similarly.  Changing his game to trend to being more of a winning player rather than one with nice numbers.

I think both have been successful although their numbers are lower.

I may sound like a huge, gaping hypocrite but Beal being a starter seems to represent what happens when a coach prioritizes a player's numbers over winning.  Trae got the benefit of the doubt last year because it was too early in his career to tell if he's an empty stat guy or not.  Beal has proven his numbers are empty time and time again.  Too bad everyone's still fooled by him.  Shiiiiiiiiiiii, Lavine deserved it over him.

Beal deserved it this year more than last and as I've said with other players, when guys are in trade years, coaches, fans, and players alike kiss up to his ass to get him to join their squad.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Coaches rewarded winning in their ASG selections, blah, blah, blah ..." - Eggsperts Vuc (ORL: 13-19) makes it over Sabonis (IND: 15-14) Lavine (CHI: 14-16) over Middleton (MIL: 19-13)

Simmons and Brown are a joke to be chosen over Trae.   I like Brown but we all know if he was a Hawk he wouldn't get one single vote.   What a friggin joke.    I saw a tweet yesterday.  Out of th

Want to hear some funny logic. An NBARadio host, in explaining why he voted for Lavine over Trae, said the Hawks have better talent around him ....... even though most of 'em are hurt and haven't

Posted Images

I want Trae in there no doubt but part of me would be ok with having no Hawks there and listen to them try to explain how a guy averages 27/9/4 shooting 37% from 3, being top 10 in the league in a lot of categories isn't in the game in his hometown.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Premium Member

I think it's just mainly Trae not having as many eye popping or taking over type of moments compared to last season, although he has still had plenty this season.  Couple that with the injuries and not being as good as we may have thought, the media has kind of blackballed us so Trae isn't getting near the publicity.  Oh well.  To me it's more about improving our record at this point and Trae should be more honed in on that than this popularity contest.  If anything it can be his motivation going forward.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't care if Trae is an AllStar.  If he's not there, I won't be watching that sh*tshow anyway.   What Trae and the Hawks can do is go out and win!  Get to the playoffs and make some noise!  

I still have a lot of hope for this season.  When Hunter and Bogi get back, Dunn, hopefully starts, and Huerter and Cam getting much needed experience, this team could be completely different for the playoffs.  I just need them to all get back with about 20 or so games left in the season to get into a rhythm and then the Hawks can make a run.

It's time for the #RevengeTour.

Get Hunter and Bogd back, just like trade acquisitions at this point.  If Dunn comes back, cool.  If not, keep rockin' them skinnies, bro.

Once we're whole, for the first time all season, we gonna be a force especially with Trae with that Dame Lillard-sized chip on his shoulder.  Getcha popcorn ready, boise (n' gurlz)

#RevengeTour makin' a stop in Atlanta this year.

• Like 4

These guys are rarely on national television compared to other teams. Not way at least Capela doesn't make it. I don't know how you would pick John over Julius Randle. 

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

These guys are rarely on national television compared to other teams. Not way at least Capela doesn't make it. I don't know how you would pick John over Julius Randle. 

Yeah.  I like to see deserving guys go even if they aren't Hawks.   Trae and Capela definitely have the case to be there.   I'm not going to be mad about Randle and Lavine going this year though. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae deserves it over Levine. Capela deserves it as much as Capela 

I think i know what you mean :).    I wasn't making the case otherwise just that those guys have had good seasons. 

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Do we know to what degree the "offense" restricts any of them though?  It seems to me Trae is restricting himself in the name of getting others involved.  It's led to more wins (not enough wins for our liking but certainly "more"), which is the point.

I'm not one who thinks we should be featuring Collins in the post or w/e so I see his diminished production similarly.  Changing his game to trend to being more of a winning player rather than one with nice numbers.

I think both have been successful although their numbers are lower.

I may sound like a huge, gaping hypocrite but Beal being a starter seems to represent what happens when a coach prioritizes a player's numbers over winning.  Trae got the benefit of the doubt last year because it was too early in his career to tell if he's an empty stat guy or not.  Beal has proven his numbers are empty time and time again.  Too bad everyone's still fooled by him.  Shiiiiiiiiiiii, Lavine deserved it over him.

That wizards team is terrible. Can't blame Beal for that. Doesn't help they have an obvious dunce as a coach. I'm no fan of Beal and I agree with you his value is not on par with his raw numbers, but mostly that's because of defense. In that sense he isn't that much different than Trae. 

• Premium Member
On 2/19/2021 at 12:31 PM, macdaddy said:

I want Trae in there no doubt but part of me would be ok with having no Hawks there and listen to them try to explain how a guy averages 27/9/4 shooting 37% from 3, being top 10 in the league in a lot of categories isn't in the game in his hometown.  

You'll probably get your wish.. and the Blame will go to Harden and Kyrie. 

Makes for a heated rivalry. 

• Premium Member
On 2/19/2021 at 3:47 PM, NBASupes said:

Trae deserves it over Levine. Capela deserves it as much as Capela 

Trae and Levine will feel the snubb but Levine is more deserving. 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, Atlantaholic said:

That wizards team is terrible. Can't blame Beal for that. Doesn't help they have an obvious dunce as a coach. I'm no fan of Beal and I agree with you his value is not on par with his raw numbers, but mostly that's because of defense. In that sense he isn't that much different than Trae. 

Why not?  Maybe if he guarded his man instead of hunting offense, they'd be better.

Agree the deck is stacked against him, but he's no innocent bystander either.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Why not?  Maybe if he guarded his man instead of hunting offense, they'd be better.

Agree the deck is stacked against him, but he's no innocent bystander either.

And what defensive contributions was Trae making last year when he started the All-Star game? Trae was the worst rated defender in the entire NBA.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

And what defensive contributions was Trae making last year when he started the All-Star game? Trae was the worst rated defender in the entire NBA.

Lots of people on this site called out Trae for his share of blame for our bad d last year.

• Like 2