• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vote for Trae, Clint, JC, and De'Andre for the All Star game

NBASupes

14 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

And what defensive contributions was Trae making last year when he started the All-Star game? Trae was the worst rated defender in the entire NBA.

We're talking about Beal, not Trae.

Just because Trae was a bad defender, and was rightfully criticized for it, doesn't mean Beal isn't as well.  If Trae was worst, Beal wasn't far behind.  And that's despite having the size and athleticism to be better, which is a far, far worse offense in my book.

I'm not some fanboy ignoring our guys' faults.  That's just not what this discussion is about.  My comments were in regards to why I think Beal's selection was questionable.   We've already had the discussion on why it could be argued Trae's inclusion was bad as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah.  I don't get where Beal doesn't get blame for the Wizards sucking.   Trae got so much blame for the Hawks sucking and he was only in his second year and playing with a lot of rookies.   Beal is a vet who's supposed to be a top 10 player in the league but can't even get his team out of the basement. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Just because Trae was a bad defender, and was rightfully criticized for it, doesn't mean Beal isn't as well.  If Trae was worst, Beal wasn't far behind.  And that's despite having the size and athleticism to be better, which is a far, far worse offense in my book.

I'm not some fanboy ignoring our guys' faults.  That's just not what this discussion is about.  My comments were in regards to why I think Beal's selection was questionable.   We've already had the discussion on why it could be argued Trae's inclusion was bad as well.

Ok, but what player should take Beal's place? Kyrie, who is an equally bad defender... Trae? Harden who was purposefully putting on weight to get traded? Only one you could say deserves it is maybe Jaylen Brown. Beal is Averaging 33 points per game on 48% shooting, that's definitely All Star worthy.

Just now, macdaddy said:

Yeah.  I don't get where Beal doesn't get blame for the Wizards sucking.   Trae got so much blame for the Hawks sucking and he was only in his second year and playing with a lot of rookies.   Beal is a vet who's supposed to be a top 10 player in the league but can't even get his team out of the basement. 

Trae was voted in as starter last year.

• Premium Member

What a f***ing joke. I can't believe Trae didn't make the AS team a year after being VOTED IN as a starter. He's 8th in scoring and 3rd in assists on a team that's had half the team hurt for the entire season. The fact the game is IN Atlanta and they snub Trae is unreal.

I hope he has the revenge genes deeply embedded.

• Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, kg01 said:

Agree totally.  Beals arms are long as sh!t, good center of gravity, and has awesome start/ stop ability on offense.  None of it translates to the other end.  Trae ain’t got Nathan.