• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Y'all really don't be watching the game like that. There is a lot that happens within an offensive set and defense. SA did a great job making Atlanta feel them defensively. They were physical, they made Atlanta work for everything and nothing came easy.

So while some shots are wide open, JC was just banging with Poeltl, that puts a lot of pressure on him energy wise and body wise. It's not the same as if he's playing Kleber who is more of a finesse movement defender and doesn't always play with that level of physicality. Y'all ball watch too much. That's the one thing I notice about this site and most for that matter.

Well I guess every team makes us feel them defensively, because we're always missing ALOT of wide open 3's....It was just nice to see someone making them last night..Regardless..lol..Especially a guy who was known to be a good shooter coming out(50%fg..40% 3pt as a senior)....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is a lot that happens within an offensive set and defense. SA did a great job making Atlanta feel them defensively. They were physical, they made Atlanta work for everything and nothing came easy.

Exactly This! Guys were being re-routed and bumped from their spots/paths by SAS defenders. They were operating in crowds, nothing was clean, everything was a step, pass, rotation too slow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Well I guess every team makes us feel them defensively, because we're always missing ALOT of wide open shots....

We are inexperienced. How many great shooting teams are inexperienced? You might can find a good inexperienced defense but you will never fine good inexperienced shooting teams. It's an skill you need complete mastery of.

If we had rules like the WNBA and had to be grads to play. Trae wouldn't be in the NBA yet and would be a senior. Kevin and De'Andre would be a rookie. Cam would be a Jr. In college. Bruno would be a senior in college. JC would be in his 2nd year. We are an extremely young team core wise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We are inexperienced. How many great shooting teams are inexperienced? You might can find a good inexperienced defense but you will never fine good inexperienced shooting teams. It's an skill you need complete mastery of.

If we had rules like the WNBA and had to be grads to play. Trae wouldn't be in the NBA yet and would be a senior. Kevin and De'Andre would be a rookie. Cam would be a Jr. In college. Bruno would be a senior in college. JC would be in his 2nd year. We are an extremely young team core wise. 

All Im saying is if LP is gonna continue to let our guys hoist up 3's, we might as well give the kid a shot..Being that he was known to be a shooter in College, and looked damn good shooting the rock last night(I know it was vs backups, but Rondo and BG play vs backups too)..We already know Rondo cant shoot, and BG is too inconsistent..

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

All Im saying is if LP is gonna continue to let our guys hoist up 3's, we might as well give the kid a shot..Being that he was known to be a shooter in College, and looked damn good shooting the rock last night(I know it was vs backups, but Rondo and BG play vs backups too)..We already know Rondo cant shoot, and BG is too inconsistent..

I agree with that but I hate the comparison shit. There is a great chance Mays will showcase flaws too but as I said about him when we got him, he has a lot of things he can do well and that's impressive. He's was one of the better college players we drafted over the last four years. http://www.tankathon.com/players/skylar-mays

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly This! Guys were being re-routed and bumped from their spots/paths by SAS defenders. They were operating in crowds, nothing was clean, everything was a step, pass, rotation too slow. 

Thats the way SA plays..Were we not expecting this? 

Playing against superior defense changes a lot of things, making it much harder to score.  (Don't tell the Spurs this after last night)  Some things, however remain the same:

The size of the floor doesn't change.  The size of the ball and the goal do not change.  Neither does the height of the goal.  If you can't make the ball go in the goal, all this matters not.  And, if you can make the ball go in the basket you can be stopped part of the time but not always.

Our third string was playing their third string.  Hawks were scoring.  Can't deny this.  Had the Spurs been the starting five, it would have made a big difference.  But, they couldn't completely shut us down.  Some of those shots would have gone in against the varsity of the Spurs.

😜

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with that but I hate the comparison shit. There is a great chance Mays will showcase flaws too but as I said about him when we got him, he has a lot of things he can do well and that's impressive. He's was one of the better college players we drafted over the last four years. http://www.tankathon.com/players/skylar-mays

But you're always comparing John Collins to..........NVM..lol

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We obviously were, we just didn't return the favor. 

Hawks are kinda soft(i ate using that word).Lets be honest...When I think of toughness, the Hawks never come to mind..Just sayin..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks are kinda soft(i ate using that word).Lets be honest...When I think of toughness, the Hawks never come to mind..Just sayin..

Young teams can sometimes get hit in the mouth and fight back, at times, they can't. Atlanta just couldn't adjust to the fact that this team makes a living areas teams don't shoot from as much these days. 

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

But you're always comparing John Collins to..........NVM..lol

to who? 

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well that means our best chance to win would be a team like Dallas and we cant even close them out..smh

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well that means our best chance to win would be a team like Dallas and we cant even close them out..smh

Yes, Dallas is a team Atlanta should easily beat. The issue is what NC has stated. We aren't getting enough from key players (Cam and Gallo). We already know Snell, Hill, and Rondo aren't capable of much in the RS. It puts a lot of pressure on Capela offensively and we all know he's at his best as the obvious 4th or 5th option. With Kevin and Cam, he's the 3rd option as far as defensive schemes are concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Kinda Reminds me of a young Doc Rivers..lol

3 hours ago, AHF said:

You don’t get the same kind of open 3’s against decent starters that you do against backups (especially when the game is out of reach).

It's a different type of pressure mentally as well.  Big difference when you're in the game with some of the starters, and the game is close, than when you're in the game with 3rd stringers, and the game is a blowout.

His point still has some merit though. Could Solo score 20 points in that amount of time, just because he was playing against 3rd stringers?  Mays at least showed that he has the talent to knock down open shots at a high rate.

• Like 4