• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Thats a little misleading though. Hes only 42% this year because he's struggled with his floater which historically has been an excellent shot for him. He was over 50% on 2s last year but is only 45% this year. Once he gets his floater back to normal he's shooting 46% overall. Thats not terrible.

And while the refs won't call the marginal stuff in the playoffs, he'll still draw some fouls. So I wouldn't bet on him losing his ability to score on the playoffs. 

He could lose half his FT att and still be top 30 in efficiency. 

Hes a career 42% FG..

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

I guess that’s my problem too. I think we need a change but I’m not so sure there’s a good replacement in the market right now. If indeed we don’t improve, I don’t see being able to do much until we get a better idea of who is on the coaching market this off-season. 

Ressler should have let him go after last season. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He's not a facilitator to be honest. He's a PnR beast who loves to attack off of the dribble drive to the corner but he don't trust no one but Hunter at making them and will even go cross court to him on it. 

Not true.  He passes it to Huerter more than Hunter.  And although he passes it to Hunter more than Cam, Cam receives the ball more for 3 pointers than Hunter.

Trae does a wonderful job in distributing to multiple players.  He looks for Collins the most.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629027/passes-dash/?sort=FGA&dir=1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals

Fun fact.   Collins and Hunter are shooting 46% after Trae passes them the ball for a 3 pointer.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes a career 42% FG..

And again thats a misleading number. 

Break it down between 2 pt and 3 pt. 

His 2pt% went 47% as a rookie to 50% as a 2nd year 

His 3pt% went from 32% as a rookie to 36% as a 2nd yr to 37% this year. 

The floater is off and way down thus year. If you think the first two years 2pt% were flukes then fine but I think they were typical progression and this year is the fluke at sub45% on floaters. 

Once that goes back up hes a 46-47% overall. Not elite but not terrible either.