• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I can live with 4 or less turnovers a game from Trae. Leading the NBA in turnovers is not acceptable. We are not a team that can give up possessions.

Not gonna win many games with your star logging 8 TOs. Got a little lucky that Boston never really capitalized too much on them. Also don't win if Trae isn't 30+ tonight. So its a mixed bag.

My thing is he needs to limit the dumb ones but I understand he's always going to be near the league lead because of his usage and aggressiveness. 

When he becomes a facilitator and really focuses on taking care of the ball the Hawks aren't very good. They built the team around Trae being elite and he has to play fast and aggressive to be elite. That leads to TOs.

Take the bad with the good. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate playing Solo in lieu of Collins vs Tatum.

I think Solo did a good defensive job on Tatum, He was was able to get thru the screen and stay attached to him, but Tatum is such a tough cover with that step back high stroke.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

When Trae scores 30+ the rest of the starters don't have to press and get away from what they do best. Just look at how Cam played tonight. He was under control and played within the flow of the offense. That's Trae's impact and LP and JC will need to come to grips with it. The kid is too special to not do what got him into the league in the first place.

Y'all keep saying the key to winning is Trae putting up a bunch of shots.  Certainly if he makes them it helps but Trae was only +2 in this game even though he was efficient whereas Mays was +6 and he barely scored which tells you Mays was a lot better in other areas.  I sincerely hope the fate of the hawks doesn't depend on Trae being an efficient scorer because he isn't that type of player yet.

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I can live with 4 or less turnovers a game from Trae. Leading the NBA in turnovers is not acceptable. We are not a team that can give up possessions. You feel ok with the 8 turnovers because he dropped 40. Let me know how those 8 turnovers feel when he goes 5-22.

Trae isn't leading the league in turnovers, he's actually 5th behind the following players:

1. Anzejs Pasecniks

2. Russell Westbrook 

3. James Harden

4. Luka Doncic 

I will live with turnovers from Trae because he's dealing with new team mates and complex defensive adjustments. He and LP have stated that the last few weeks. Another issue you're not seeing is the lack of movement and slashing from our guards. Turnovers happen when our players aren't moving, allowing defenders to cheat in the lanes. 

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all keep saying the key to winning is Trae putting up a bunch of shots.  Certainly if he makes them it helps but Trae was only +2 in this game even though he was efficient whereas Mays was +6 and he barely scored which tells you Mays was a lot better in other areas.  I sincerely hope the fate of the hawks doesn't depend on Trae being an efficient scorer because he isn't that type of player yet.

LOL....I mean except for the whole top 10 most efficient scorer in the NBA thing. 

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe Trae can transition to facilitator down the road when we have better shot makers at the wing. But right now we need Trae to score. 

Hunter is the key. Everything I've said about Trae HAVING to be aggressive to win gets dialed back some if and when Hunter comes back to the same form he was pre injury. He still needs to continue to progress, but Hunter has shown flashes of being that guy. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cwell said:

nah, not at all. Alot of his turnovers are stupid. Especially the sequence when he turned the ball over, stole it back, and then turned it over again. He's damn near in Linsanity territory with the turnovers right now

Hes actually avg less than Luka, Harden, and Westbrook..lol