• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gallinari

TRW

Signing Gallinari was a big mistake. We need to try and trade him before the All-star break. I know he isn't good defensively but he is even worse than I thought. On offense he has also become a liability. It's time, he has to go. Oh, and take Rondo with you.

• Like 2

I call it trying to get a return on a bad investment, Gallinari hasn't given us anything up to this point and we are still competitive. We're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot if I'm not mistaken. But, of course we're all entitled to our own opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, nathan2331 said:

We should've got Jerami Grant. I wasn't big on our off-season, but they're definitely underperforming. I don't think a trade for spare parts would help, just have to hope the new additions start contributing by the time the playoffs arrive.

Yes, Grant would be much better. Grant was on the rise. Gallo was on the decline. Age is very important when signing guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yes, Grant would be much better. Grant was on the rise. Gallo was on the decline. Age is very important when signing guys.

But nobody expected him to fall off a cliff like this. He was really good offensively last season. I still have no idea how he passed an NBA physical though. There's no way he can do even one body weight squat. I have to give the medical staff the side eye on that one. 

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don’t buy high and sell low.  This would be by far the worst season of his career if it ended today.  He has really, really sucked these last few games but give it more time.  He has a track record and is 32.  Expect a regression to the mean in a positive way over time.

No one wants that contract. It's not like we would get much. Maybe he's injured. He's not moving well.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Again, why pay someone to take it then?  Why take back “not much” when he was the #1 or #2 starter on OKC and LAC playoff rosters the last two years?  It is a sunk cost so if you aren’t going to get more talent back, why not just see if he recovers give his 7 WS average over the last two seasons?  He represents very real upside if he returns to form and if you aren’t getting much then in return right now then why lock in this low value?

Hopefully he's just in a funk, and it's not father time catching up with him.

• Premium Member

Exactly, what is the point of trading him now when his trade value is at the lowest it's ever been? Nothing we get back in return will help us win games now or have the upside that a return to form from Gallo would give us. 

Having said that, it definitely sucks the way he has played. I fear we may have been a couple years late on the signing, the dude looks like he is running with weights tied to his ankles and overall just plays lazy on both ends. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Someone once said that Travis Schlenk knocked the off season out of the park.  I think it is time to rethink that stance when Solomon Hill looks like the best signing.

The squawk pulled a Nique, prematurely declaring victory. Everyone was mocking Detroit for signing Jerami Grant. Would you rather Gallo or Grant? I think that answer is clear.