• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 17 games may get LP fired

TheNorthCydeRises

The start of the 2nd half schedule is set up to knock us completely out.  Have any of you looked at it?

• @OKC
  • @MIA
  • @MIA
  • @ORL

ALL-STAR BREAK

• @TOR
  • vs SAC
  • vs CLE
  • @ HOU
  • vs OKC

• @ LAL
  • @ LAC
  • @ SAC
  • @ GS
  • @ DEN
  • @ PHX
  • @ SA
  • @ NO

That's 14 of our next 17 on the road, with an 8 game road trip out West.

LP has to look at this stretch and say to himself . . .

The start of the 2nd half schedule is set up to knock us completely out.  Have any of you looked at it?

• @OKC
  • @MIA
  • @MIA
  • @ORL

ALL-STAR BREAK

• @TOR
  • vs SAC
  • vs CLE
  • @ HOU
  • vs OKC

• @ LAL
  • @ LAC
  • @ SAC
  • @ GS
  • @ DEN
  • @ PHX
  • @ SA
  • @ NO

characters – Welcome to Bridgetown

• Like 1

Wow, March is gonna be brutal! I think he gets canned at the end of the season anyway, but I'll play along...

If we somehow survive March, and end the season on a high note, he probably keeps his job due to all the injuries. 

That said, we probably dug ourselves a too-big hole to climb out of.

• Like 2

All winnable games except the 2 LA's. Travel is the real opponent.

Schedule makers trying to set us up here.

I disagree that we dug ourselves in a hole. We are 2 games behind 4th Place at 14-18

Indy at 4th only has 15 wins. Toronto at 5th has 17 losses. That's 1 win and 1 loss behind the 4th and 5th place teams.

Now, in all honesty, the playoff pack is playing much better lately. It wont be easy to make up ground. But keeping pace will only require  hovering around .500 until we can get Dre back. I truly believe once he comes back we will be able to make a strong push to the finish line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The question is:  Was last night's game, for Danilo Gallinari, a once in a lifetime thing or is he back from wherever he's been?  I don't mean, can he score like he did last night?  Just, can he score like we knew that he could before he got hurt?

He can be such a big difference maker for the Hawks.  Hawks signed him for this role.  

:smug:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

The question is:  Was last night's game, for Danilo Gallinari, a once in a lifetime thing or is he back from wherever he's been?  I don't mean, can he score like he did last night?  Just, can he score like we knew that he could before he got hurt?

He can be such a big difference maker for the Hawks.  Hawks signed him for this role.  

I agree we need Gallinari playing like himself, Bogdan should also be back by the end of March. It is what it is. I expect us to play .500 ball. There is just no real separation in talent this season between the 4th seed and the 10th seed. A lot of games are winnable and everyone is being impacted by these playing circumstances.

We don't really have any more excuses than other teams so long as Trae, Collins, and Capela stay healthy.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

We just need him to give us what we expected offensively!  Hopefully this kickstarts that process.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree but Hunter, Bogi, and Cam out is a lot of wing talent missing.   Thank goodness for Snell.   The dude knows how to play basketball and made some really good passes last night in addition to knocking down his 3s.  

It will be interesting to see what happens with Snell when Reddish gets back. I get the hype for Cam's defense but the fall off offensively is inexcusable. Snell is playing like LP constantly hoped Bembry would last season. Hopefully he sees that and Snell continues to get 25 minutes a game,

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Buzzard said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Snell when Reddish gets back. I get the hype for Cam's defense but the fall off offensively is inexcusable. Snell is playing like LP constantly hoped Bembry would last season. Hopefully he sees that and Snell continues to get 25 minutes a game,

Agree.   Honestly it's hard to keep Snell out.  The knock on him is probably not being agressive enough and maybe his handles arent the best but honestly Cam's aren't that great right now either.  

It's not like Snell's play is out of the blue either.  He's been a starter most of the last 4 years and shot 40% from 3 for all of them.   He's been so hot from 3 lately that last night i was yelling 'save some for the playoffs'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

They have to show they can win close games to actually be a .500 team.  So far they lose most 50/50 games.  

Yep.  This is exactly right.  In fact i'm not sure we've won a close game which in strange because Trae has been clutch in previous years in our few wins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Agree.   Honestly it's hard to keep Snell out.  The knock on him is probably not being agressive enough and maybe his handles arent the best but honestly Cam's aren't that great right now either.  

It's not like Snell's play is out of the blue either.  He's been a starter most of the last 4 years and shot 40% from 3 for all of them.   He's been so hot from 3 lately that last night i was yelling 'save some for the playoffs'.

"Cams aren't that great right now either"... Um yea, that's a nice way of putting it. I have never seen a guy fumble a basketball on drives as much as Cam. At some point the youth and inexpensive excuse is not going to fly anymore. He's 21, not 16.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

• @OKC
  • @MIA
  • @MIA
  • @ORL

ALL-STAR BREAK

• @TOR
  • vs SAC
  • vs CLE
  • @ HOU
  • vs OKC

• @ LAL
  • @ LAC
  • @ SAC
  • @ GS
  • @ DEN
  • @ PHX
  • @ SA
  • @ NO

• @OKC
  • @MIA
  • @MIA
  • @ORL

ALL-STAR BREAK

• @TOR
  • vs SAC
  • vs CLE
  • @ HOU
  • vs OKC

• @ LAL
  • @ LAC
  • @ SAC
  • @ GS
  • @ DEN
  • @ PHX
  • @ SA
  • @ NO

NBA hates us.Nothing new...

• Like 1

I'll track this as we go through this horrible schedule.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

• @OKC . . . . . . . LOSS
  • @MIA
  • @MIA
  • @ORL

ALL-STAR BREAK

• @TOR
  • vs SAC
  • vs CLE
  • @ HOU
  • vs OKC

• @ LAL
  • @ LAC
  • @ SAC
  • @ GS
  • @ DEN
  • @ PHX
  • @ SA
  • @ NO

• Premium Member

My take is that there is near zero chance LP is gone before the end of the season. Injuries have prevented him from having all the roster at his disposal, and it's especially exposed right now when we have no good-to-very-good wing defenders. He's going to get the benefit of a doubt, and truthfully, he deserves that. That's coming from someone who has been an LP skeptic from day one. He will have the fullest chance to get this team to the playoffs.

And if he's at least able to help get them there, his place will be secure for the first half of 2021-22. If he wins a playoff series, make that the entirety of 2021-22. Only in the case where he has the benefit of Dunn, BogBog and Hunter for most of the remaining games--and with minimum new DNPs due to injury--and fails to achieve the playoffs will there be any conversation about turning the page... and even then, I'm skeptical that he wouldn't get the first half of 2021-22 anyhow.

Having said that, I said when he was hired that it makes sense to consider LP a bridge to the next HC who will be more highly qualified and playoff tested. It's more likely than not "just a matter of time" before LP is replaced by someone with a track record of significant success. Not many first-timers get to take a team both through roster re-development years and playoff years.

I've also said that I don't know that LP is an elite coach. But I do believe he has the mindset of one. That doesn't matter on its own, b/c it's just one standard. But it's a standard that not everyone can claim to own (somewhat obviously).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

My take is that there is near zero chance LP is gone before the end of the season. Injuries have prevented him from having all the roster at his disposal, and it's especially exposed right now when we have no good-to-very-good wing defenders. He's going to get the benefit of a doubt, and truthfully, he deserves that. That's coming from someone who has been an LP skeptic from day one. He will have the fullest chance to get this team to the playoffs.

I would say yes, but . . . this season can't go completely off the rails, and he keep his job.  Not unless something catastrophic happens like we lose Trae for an extended period of time.

• Premium Member

Wake up guys...LP is a goner!  No coach in the NBA goes with a Solo/Gallo front court with Huerter at the 3.  Schlenk and ownership ain't stupid.  Grant Hill actually knows the game and knows the difference between a carriage and a pumpkin.  So it doesn't matter whether he makes the playoffs this season,  there will be a new Hawk head coach in 2021/22 season.  Ownership might keep Pierce around for the rest of the season so he can do what he does best which get the team a high lottery pick.