• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I didn't watch the past few games becuz I honestly stopped caring about the Hawks But this news has just brightened my day all the way up!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

Dance Party GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment - Find & Share on  GIPHY

Can Nate bring in his own assistants to finish the season..Might as well clean house..lol

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Damn Lloyd just spent a fortune on upgrades for his home. 

I'm sure he's got something left in his bank statement, plus will add to it whenever he gets another (non head coaching) job making more than 99% of the human population. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

He'll get paid for the rest of the season.  I don't think the family will go hungry from this.  Shouldn't have any difficulty landing another job either - just will be as an assistant coach.

THIS

He'll definitely get an assistant coaching job but he has clearly shown he's not ready to be a Head Coach

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Make a poll about whether he'll get another HC job.   He's a great guy and I wish him all the best.   I think it will be hard for him to get another chance though.

I think he needs more seasoning before that. This was a good experience for him and he's still early in his career in that regard.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Woj says the Hawks are hopeful that Nate will be the interim but he's fiercely loyal to LP.  Says Nate is meeting with LP and Hawks now to decide how to proceed.  

That's interesting!

I wonder if TS got the input from the players?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Not at all. I really liked that he was invested in the community. It's just that he wasn't a good in game coach.

That's my point lol. It's an unintentional sneak diss haha

LP was brought in to be a Head Coach not to be a community activist lmaoo

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is about damn time. I never liked that dude. Any coach that tells you he has a REAL plan with REAL schemes but he can't use them because of "reasons" should be immediately fired.

He made bad rotations, had no real turnarounds in time outs and publicly feuding with your team's superstar player is all the ammo you need to fire his ass.

So glad he's gone. I told you guys and gal it was obvious Nate was brought in as a coach in waiting. That's exactly what happened. I do think Nate will turn this ship around.

And yes, to be fair to LP, I know the injuries decimated our season. That being said injuries don't excuse the three things I listed above.