• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

LP is a great guy, tremendous worker, and an excellent teacher but he couldn't coach. 

Reminds me of the first game of the season for the Nets and they asked if it was hard adjusting to Nash as a first time HC and he said 'No it's just basketball'.   Sometimes 'work' doesn't do it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

LP is a great guy, tremendous worker, and an excellent teacher but he couldn't coach. 

Supes you are awesome 👏 man. I read some of your posts aloud and I lovem. Pure comedy. I agree.

Sadly, they held onto him so long I was starting to get my feelings mixed up and hate him as a person which is wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would like to say that it turns out I was 100% about LP when I said he was garbage A LONG TIME AGO!!! @Peoriabird and a few others also said the same thing and we were constantly being shot down. Do y'all ever get tired of being wrong lol

THANK YOU BONKERS

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYBODY

• Haha 1

That boy gonna be changing way more diapers than he expected for the foreseeable future.  

I’m no Lloyd fan by any stretch but Schlenk should’ve known it would be hard for this team to compete consistently with Dre out for an extended period.  It’s clear and simple as day, the defensive rating has dropped one spot damn near every game since.  We virtually play 4-on-5 defensively (sometimes 3.5 if Kevin isn’t piling steals) yet were amazingly 11th the day he went down, now we’re 25th SMGDH.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Nate a solid defensive coach, but his offenses are boring as dirt.

Yeah but maybe that will be better.   Collins with a wide open jumper from the free throw line is about an 80% bucket.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You shouldn't reveal in bad things happening to people. 

Man please. LP is still a millionaire I don't care about him getting axed

He deserved to be gone after being terrible at his job. Nobody would feel sorry for me if I was awful at my job and got my walking papers lmaooo

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member

Mixed feelings.

It likely was coming at some point.

I just find it difficult to say we'd be in this situation if some KEY pieces had been mostly healthy all season... and THAT, my friends, is really no one's fault... but if it is someone's, it's the GENERAL MANAGER who actually deserves the chopping block ahead of the head coach.

As always, I'm not going to comment further out of principle, but I will welcome reading others' perspectives on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

That boy gonna be changing way more diapers than he expected for the foreseeable future.  

I’m no Lloyd fan by any stretch but Schlenk should’ve known it would be hard for this team to compete consistently with Dre out for an extended period.  It’s clear and simple as day, the defensive rating has dropped one spot damn near every game since.  We virtually play 4-on-5 defensively yet were amazingly 11th the day he went down, now we’re 25th SMGDH.

Ressler probably made the firing. Doubt Schlenk would fire his first coach mid season of his own volition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

nice to see you around again! 

I don't want to sound mean but I don't care how good of a person a coach or player is when it comes to should they be fired or traded etc. You should always be a good person. Your job as a coach or player is a whole separate issue. 

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!

LP deserved everything that he got. Imagine having sympathy for a millionaire coach who was bad at his job lol

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Man please. LP is still a millionaire I don't care about him getting axed

He deserved to gone after being terrible at his job. Nobody would sorry for me if I was awful at my job and got my walking papers lmaooo

I would actually care if you lost your job and I don't know you personally. Y'all tend to take the human element out of sports. The man got fired.  Doesn't matter if you're a millionaire or not. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

If I’m his wife I’d get a nanny. He can’t be trusted there either prolly drop the diaper full of... I digress, then blame the baby 👶 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m no Lloyd fan by any stretch but Schlenk should’ve known it would be hard for this team to compete consistently with Dre out for an extended period.  It’s clear and simple as day, the defensive rating has dropped one spot damn near every game since.  We virtually play 4-on-5 defensively yet were amazingly 11th the day he went down, now we’re 25th SMGDH.

Yeah, the defense is legit bad without Dre.  The offensive rating has actually improved though (due largely to Snell's emergence).  Not sure if Nate can may any headway with this bunch of players defensively.  I guess it starts with Cam getting healthy and right.  Then try to get to Hunter as quickly as possible.  

The hope is that the Hawks have been in games late even with the poor defense so maybe Nate can figure out a way to get them across the finish line more regularly.  

• Like 2