Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

Good lord I feel like a new person. The sun ☀️ is shining, birds are singing! This is the new beginning of Spud. Throw away anything you had heard from me in the last week. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh breathing is good 😌 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I would like to say that it turns out I was 100% about LP when I said he was garbage A LONG TIME AGO!!! @Peoriabird and a few others also said the same thing and we were constantly being shot down. Do y'all ever get tired of being wrong lol

THANK YOU BONKERS

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYBODY

Who thought LP was the answer at HC longterm? I know I sure didn't..lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Supes you are awesome 👏 man. I read some of your posts aloud and I lovem. Pure comedy. I agree.

Sadly, they held onto him so long I was starting to get my feelings mixed up and hate him as a person which is wrong.

I missed you bud. I needed someone to hear out my rants without judgement. My guy!!!!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The Pick-N-Pop that made Al rich and Teague an All-Star should be a staple here.  But Lloyd was a new-school guy masquerading as some old-school defensive guru, hopefully Nate brings in more traditional basketball staples like mid range shots, cutting, and PG ball pressure like a coach that got some damn sense. Remains to be seen.

We needed this so much. Nate just knows how to coach and do it very well. 

• Like 1

Off topic but the replay of the Hornets at Kings is on NBATV. That boy LaMelo does it all.  Forces his guys into mismatches, gets back in transition, closes out under control, cuts, dribble drives, finishes, boxes out, everything.  He’s gonna waste Lilliard tonight mark my words.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sturt said:

Mixed feelings.

It likely was coming at some point.

I just find it difficult to say we'd be in this situation if some KEY pieces had been mostly healthy all season... and THAT, my friends, is really no one's fault... but if it is someone's, it's the GENERAL MANAGER who actually deserves the chopping block ahead of the head coach.

As always, I'm not going to comment further out of principle, but I will welcome reading others' perspectives on that.

Gm usually gets at least 2 HC's...But yeah Schlenk might be next..lol

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Damn Lloyd just spent a fortune on upgrades for his home. 

IIRC Bud built up a mansion from scratch for the Budfam in Morningside, got his keys and the driveway paved jusssssssssst in time for Ferrygate. Where's Robin Leach when we need him? smh

~lw3

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You should always be a good person.

I wanna be a saint like you Soth! I’m kidding ya you’re right. Sometimes we lose our ways as people and the environment around us tests us, but we have to try and stay level minded. I should be the last to say this right now because I haven’t been very kind because of circumstances but I have to keep trying it’s the only way. I must guide the ship 🚢 back on its course. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good lord I feel like a new person. The sun ☀️ is shining, birds are singing! This is the new beginning of Spud. Throw away anything you had heard from me in the last week. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh breathing is good 😌 

The sun shines on a dogs ass some days. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Did u tweet this lol???

😂 nah I don’t have a Twitter handle (and that’s good lol) but I dig this!

Just now, warcore said:

The sun shines on a dogs ass some days. 

😂 indeed.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Jason might be on to something. I can so much easier see Ressler imposing himself than Schlenk dropping the guillotine just a few games before the ASG.

Timing just seems to hint at a reactionary decision rather than one that's been well thought out over time. To me.

• Premium Member

I just look forward to seeing some reasonable rotations.  An unexpected consequence of this is I think we will see Trae playing with a lot more energy and purpose.  It was clear he wasn't happy with the coaching and the direction the offense was taking.  I suspect we will see him start to look more like he did last year and maybe even pick it up on defense.

• Premium Member

Question. Whats the current expectation now? Obviously in-game adjustments are to be expected, but from a win-loss standpoint is there a magic number that Nate has to reach? If the trend continues, what next?