Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Off topic but the replay of the Hornets at Kings is on NBATV. That boy LaMelo does it all.  Forces his guys into mismatches, gets back in transition, closes out under control, cuts, dribble drives, finishes, boxes out, everything.  He’s gonna waste Lilliard tonight mark my words.

There was word that Charlotte really liked OO. I wonder how the draft would have fallen if they had taken OO. 

11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

IIRC Bud built up a mansion from scratch for the Budfam in Morningside, got his keys and the driveway paved jusssssssssst in time for Ferrygate. Where's Robin Leach when we need him? smh

~lw3

I shed no tears for Bud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

There was word that Charlotte really liked OO. I wonder how the draft would have fallen if they had taken OO. 

I shed no tears for Bud.

When dudes start building their mansions they get too complacent lol

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I shed no tears for Bud.

That would’ve been interesting but Schlenk still would’ve passed on he or Halli.  He’s got his “point guard of the future” so he thinks.  Until Ressler hands him a pink slip too lol.

• Like 1

The way LP looked in the fourth quarter last night... flippant, resigned, acting like there’s no consequences/expecting another 4th quarter crash, and the way he left the court right after the buzzer...  I think he knew it was already decided yesterday before the game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Zach Klein saying Nate said No.  Holy S***

I can respect that if he refused the job to maintain his friendship with Pierce. That's beyond basketball. I hate it as a Hawks fan though. The team needs a vet coach.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Question. Whats the current expectation now? Obviously in-game adjustments are to be expected, but from a win-loss standpoint is there a magic number that Nate has to reach? If the trend continues, what next?

38-0

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, klharper said:

The way LP looked in the fourth quarter last night... flippant, resigned, acting like there’s no consequences/expecting another 4th quarter crash, and the way he left the court right after the buzzer...  I think he knew it was already decided yesterday before the game.

Yeah he did look more out of it than usual.  For the players to learn on Twitter though, this is still an organization you just can’t take too serious.

This is going to be ugly, there's a reason why the last game thread went to 30 pages and a reason why Nate doesn't want the gig, yeah hes loyal but also realizes it wasn't much of lp getting fired the reason for our teams troubles, we've covered this already 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, hylndr11 said:

This is going to be ugly, there's a reason why the last game thread went to 30 pages and a reason why Nate doesn't want the gig, yeah hes loyal but also realizes it wasn't much of lp getting fired the reason for our teams troubles, we've covered this already 

Nah, Nate playing hardball to negotiate a better deal.  Guarantee you they work it out within the next week.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Nah, Nate playing hardball to negotiate a better deal.  Guarantee you they work it out within the next week.

Yeah.   Nate i'm sure wants to not be 'interim'.   Larry Drew did this too somewhere (cleveland maybe?).   Except he forgot that they didn't really care if he was the HC long term.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Hot take: Nate doesn't want the job because they won't give him the authority to bench Trae.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3