• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you like to see as the next head coach of the Atlanta Hawks?

Wurider05

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just going on record that at this point i think Nate is the best candidate unless the rest of the season is a big flop.

Way to go out on a limb, macd.

"If'n we win a title, I think Nate was right for the job." - macd

😆

• Haha 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Way to go out on a limb, macd.

"If'n we win a title, I think Nate was right for the job." - macd

😆

You know i'm right again.   I've correctly predicted pretty much everything that has happened.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Aye, nobody gonna say Pitino?  @AHF @bird_dirt where y'all at?

If anybody knows how to put Atlanta's roster of *ahem* "gentleman's clubs" to work, it's that guy.

😆😂🤣

Hell 2 tha NO.

Funny enough, I actually think about him much more than I ever wish I did. I just bought an art gallery that's a block or two down the street from a restaurant where he had a little extramarital escapade with a psychotic blonde. I can't go past there without thinking about how much disinfectant they had to use in that place. ::shudder::

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My people tell me Mark Jackson is going to get a shot if he wants the job. This is my Bay Area connect. He worked with the Warriors from 1987-2001. 

I have :

1. Kenny Atkinson

2. Mark Jackson

3. Chauncey Billups

4. Jeff Van Gundy

5. Dave Joeger

6. Becky Hammon 

I would love mark Jackson, I hope that is legit. I have a hard time seeing him being effective if the rumors about our players not taking well to tough love is true. Marc has the same tough, no excuses, former player bloated ego, mindset that LP had.

I wasn't too impressed by Kenny when he was here, to me Quin Snyder really proved his value by the way our team looked in the years after he left us. I think Kenny did well to right the ship in Brooklyn, but he reminds me of Bud in the way that he is great at X's and O's but is missing something when it comes to getting over the hump.

Becky was my choice when we hired LP. I would love for her to get a shot She would bring great press our way as all of the mainstream media would be rooting for her and would HAVE to write nice things about us as a vote of support for her. However, for this next phase, I do not want a first time HC in the locker room. I just think we are past that right now.

Im good with NATE, obviously pending the way he is able to finish the season for us.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just going on record that at this point i think Nate is the best candidate unless the rest of the season is a big flop.

100% agree

• Like 2

5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Would anyone be interested in Becky Hammon?  I admittedly don't know anything about her other than she learned under Pop.  But I don't really know much about most assistants.  

The main things I'm looking for in a HC is one that can design quality NBA offensive plays and make adjustments when teams try to take Trae out of the game and a coach that has no problem garnering the respect of the players (getting them to respond to coaching).  

I don't really care if it's a previous head coach or new head coach.  Just give me someone that has the tools to be successful.  

Becky for the positive press. She has learned under Pop, but its been during a pretty bad stretch for them as an org. Coaching looks real good with 3 HoF'ers around. Spurs have not set the league on fire in years, and even with Team USA Pop's coaching was not a difference maker. Some of his principles may be a bit dated without a Tim Duncan to execute them.

I prefer not hiring a new coach this time around. The things we lack can all be chalked up to inexperience at HC. Bring in someone with a little clout to coach this not so young anymore roster.

• Like 1

Nate is a top 10 coach. He is probably the most underrated coach in the NBA because he's rigid but we need rigid. We don't know how to playing winning Basketball even though the talent is there. We need a coach who can coach us. We are 3-1 with Nate with wins against Denver, Miami, and Boston. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Nate is a top 10 coach. He is probably the most underrated coach in the NBA because he's rigid but we need rigid. We don't know how to playing winning Basketball even though the talent is there. We need a coach who can coach us. We are 3-1 with Nate with wins against Denver, Miami, and Boston. 

It's nice to have a seasoned veteran who knows what he is doing at all levels.  I think his demeanor and defense-first attitude is EXACTLY what this team needs.  With Trae, we have the explosiveness of creativity and scoring knack that can't be taught by any coach, so we should always be pretty good on that end of the floor.  But we need, and have lacked, a consistent defensive identity and effort.

Only 20 coaches in NBA history have more wins than Nate, and with another 6 or 7, he's going to pass Mike Fratello.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hmm.  I'm going to have to think about this.  I'm not sure I'd consider Nate a top 10 coach.  I think he's a steady coach, but I don't think he's a championship level coach.  

• Moderators
12 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

Great question. I like Nate a lot and always have. Call it how it is but he seems to never succeed in playoffs. Was that a GM problem or coaching? I've always wanted Q Snyder but that's never going to happen now. 

Tough to say.  The pattern I see is him overachieving in the regular season and then losing in the playoffs to an objectively superior roster.  So his losses are very expected even before the series starts.  I'd have to actually rewatch them to give an opinion as to how much Nate could have done better but a lot of those matchups would have taken a near miracle to actually win.  Something like this:

Is Dikembe Mutombo a legend? And what tier is he in? | Sports, Hip Hop &  Piff - The Coli

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Cmon you ain't gotta do that lol

You also have to consider attraction

She is a female you know

It’s female appreciation month and there’s a girl at my community pool that I need to appreciate today. I really appreciate her for what she’s showing me. 

Having said that, hire Becky Hammon for @kg01 so we can see him burn 🔥 his retina 👁 😂