• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you like to see as the next head coach of the Atlanta Hawks?

Wurider05

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bud is an excellent coach but saying he's elite is hilarious. He is as hardheaded as LP. 

Elite coaches don't constantly go down/struggle early in the playoffs with superior teams/talent.

MIL has peaked and don't seem to know it yet.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bud is an excellent coach but saying he's elite is hilarious. He is as hardheaded as LP. 

Please don’t put Bud and LP in the same sentence when it comes to good coaches. It’s like saying I love coke and diluted cola soda from Walmart. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

There's a guy in college who's beaten Duke, UNC, and Kentucky this year.  When's the last time that's been done?  Anybody know who it is?  @AHF? @bird_dirt?  You guys know?

(Disclaimer: I'm absolutely not advocating we hire the guy, just a pure troll-job on our prominent Kentucky guys.)

Couldn't beat Georgia State though.... Go Thers!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather have a very good coach like Nate than a guy who never should have been HC like Pierce.

https://www.nba.com/news/nate-mcmillan-reluctantly-agreed-to-be-hawks-interim-ap

Nate may not even want to be here long term. He was ready to decline the interim offer. Something to keep an eye on. 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:42 PM, kg01 said:

Way to go out on a limb, macd.

"If'n we win a title, I think Nate was right for the job." - macd

😆

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You two could be twins 👯‍♀️ with your predictions, both great Monday morning guys! 😝 

Aww lookie, you two are back to throwing water balloons at each other in the cul de sac. 

🤼‍♂️  👬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

https://www.nba.com/news/nate-mcmillan-reluctantly-agreed-to-be-hawks-interim-ap

Nate may not even want to be here long term. He was ready to decline the interim offer. Something to keep an eye on. 

Part of that is because he has tried to become a mentor for young coaches.  The three he has had a personal relationship with are Lloyd Pierce, Monty Williams, and Juwan Howard.  I'm sure it was hard for him to watch a guy he was a mentor for get fired and then get approached about taking the job.  

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Part of that is because he has tried to become a mentor for young coaches.  The three he has had a personal relationship with are Lloyd Pierce, Monty Williams, and Juwan Howard.  I'm sure it was hard for him to watch a guy he was a mentor for get fired and then get approached about taking the job.  

Yeah that makes sense.   And being HC is a lot of friggin work.   Assistant NBA coach is a pretty good gig 

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Juwan Howard is coaching his ass off at Michigan. Monty is quickly approaching the top 10 coaches to me as well. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Juwan Howard is coaching his ass off at Michigan. Monty is quickly approaching the top 10 coaches to me as well. 

I always liked Monty and feel like he got a raw deal with New Orleans.  Juwan Howard should be a coach Atlanta considers strongly.  Kenny Atkinson, Nate McMillan, Juwan Howard, and Eric Musselman would be at the top of my list right now.  

30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I always liked Monty and feel like he got a raw deal with New Orleans.  Juwan Howard should be a coach Atlanta considers strongly.  Kenny Atkinson, Nate McMillan, Juwan Howard, and Eric Musselman would be at the top of my list right now.  

I don't know if Juwan wants to leave his alma mater so soon but he should get consideration. Kenny though? I don't know about that. He's Bud Lite to but with better development skills and a superior eye for talent than Bud. He overly rely too much on his system. Way too much. I hated that with Bud but Bud is actually very tactical, Kenny, not so much. Musselman and Vanderpool are intriguing as well. 

Where we as fans will notice a drop off from LP to Nate is drafting. LP has an great eye. Nate has a below average eye. TS and LP worked so well because they saw they game at an elite level. Nate doesn't and man, that can make thing difficult for TS. Many of us will likely blame TS anyway. Juwan seems like a tremendous mix of having an eye, being smart, being good at Xs and Os, very good in-game management skills, and having a strong work ethic. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't know if Juwan wants to leave his alma mater so soon but he should get consideration. Kenny though? I don't know about that. Musselman and Vanderpool are intriguing as well. 

Where we as fans will notice a drop off from LP to Nate is drafting. LP has an great eye. Nate has a below average eye. TS and LP worked so well because they saw they game at an elite level. Nate doesn't and man, that can make thing difficult for TS. Many of us will likely blame TS anyway. Juwan seems like a tremendous mix of having an eye, being smart, being good at Xs and Os, very good in-game management skills, and having a strong work ethic. 

I haven't looked into Vanterpool because I'm honestly not that interested in hiring a first time head coach to replace the deposed first time head coach.  

I like everything about Kenny.  I love his offense and his ability to get players to play above their abilities.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I haven't looked into Vanterpool because I'm honestly not that interested in hiring a first time head coach to replace the deposed first time head coach.  

I like everything about Kenny.  I love his offense and his ability to get players to play above their abilities.  

All of those players fit his system. The minute they didn't, his system showcased major flaws. That's why I always was skeptical of that system that we see from Quin, Bud, and Kenny. Kenny is the worst of the three but he actually has the best eye by a mile and he's actually pretty good at player development. 

You loved that system so I can see why you are all in for anyone from that program of thought. It is an effective RS system for sure. 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, NBASupes said:

All of those players fit his system. The minute they didn't, his system showcased major flaws. That's why I always was skeptical of that system that we see from Quin, Bud, and Kenny. Kenny is the worst of the three but he actually has the best eye by a mile and he's actually pretty good at player development. 

You loved that system so I can see why you are all in for anyone from that program of thought. It is an effective RS system for sure. 

I'm not interested in an assistant, but if I were, I'd probably go with Charles Lee.  

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm not interested in an assistant, but if I were, I'd probably go with Charles Lee.  

No way it has to be a vet coach. We can’t bring in a 1st year guy unless it’s a lock like Nash. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:40 AM, KB21 said:

Juwan Howard should be a coach Atlanta considers strongly. 

Hell to the no! 

• Like 1

Seems that there can be the tendency for non vet coaches to lose the ears of the players sooner than vet guys. Not always the case as showcased by Larry Brown. His chemistry building raised the success of teams but eventually they stopped listening for whatever reason. Personality clashes I guess. Think that scenario will be a fairly likely outcome sooner with a newby as opposed to a vet with some success. Like the idea of Nate as a trial run as some others do. We have the rest of this season to see his adjustments but also will he adapt his view for the offense from his past offenses. The last game we won late letting it fly from deep, not a Nate trait. Interesting stuff for us really. 

• Like 3