• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (The Next One)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s interesting. I felt like collins should or could have been on the floor at the end but hell what do I know! 

oh I know 1 thing...he bet not try that shit with Trae! Ain’t no situation trae shouldn’t be on the floor unless we are up by 2 or 3 and the opponent has the ball with 4 or 5 seconds left to tie or win it...then yeah sit Trae.

Nate probably saw something that we didn't because he's a professional NBA coach and has been for 20 years.  We're not used to it yet, but the fans aren't supposed to be able to make better decisions than the coach

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s interesting. I felt like collins should or could have been on the floor at the end but hell what do I know! 

oh I know 1 thing...he bet not try that shit with Trae! Ain’t no situation trae shouldn’t be on the floor unless we are up by 2 or 3 and the opponent has the ball with 4 or 5 seconds left to tie or win it...then yeah sit Trae.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Nate probably saw something that we didn't because he's a professional NBA coach and has been for 20 years.  We're not used to it yet, but the fans aren't supposed to be able to make better decisions than the coach

Collins played until the 1:24 minute mark in the 3rd...meaning he would be resting to start the 4th. Then Trae went nuts. Per Nate, the Heat also went with 4 guards so Solo got the call.

9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It’s been a minute since I was able to fully enjoy a night game in the NBA after my Hawks win (Gallinari’s lucky game didn’t hit right). I can kick back and watch Devin Booker and Dennis cook.  No Point God tho wtf.

Youre the same as me..When we lose Im done with the NBA for the night..Cant even watch highlight shows the next day..lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Collins played until the 1:24 minute mark in the 3rd...meaning he would be resting to start the 4th. Then Trae went nuts. Per Nate, the Heat also went with 4 guards so Solo got the call.

I thought maybe it had to do with how they were scheming when Collins started posting up -- one of the later ones they started swarming him and forced a turnover.  Makes sense Nate is thinking defensively first and putting Solo out there for the better defensive matchups.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We might. They have a lot of injuries, but they are still playing hard.

Vucevic is always an issue but I don’t worry about anyone else on their squad.  John is gonna eat everything they have at PF.  Michael Carter Williams has a .409 eFG, Trae will probably outscore him at the line alone.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is something new. A coach talking about finding mismatches that give us an edge. I don't think in 2.5 years, I ever heard Pierce mention looking for advantages. Good or bad energy, good or bad effort, and the shots were or were not falling....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is something new. A coach talking about finding mismatches that give us an edge. I don't think in 2.5 years, I ever heard Pierce mention looking for advantages. Good or bad energy, good or bad effort, and the shots were or were not falling....

He was indeed a depthless, broken record in pressers.  Nate administering a better defensive effort than he’s ever led in his first game after touting himself as a “defensive guy” has to be very humbling as he listens to crying all day.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kevin really went to bat for CLP. He must not have been one of disgruntled ones.

He's a coaches son so he's probably used to it. Deandre might be as well since he played at Virginia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

He's a coaches son so he's probably used to it. Deandre might be as well since he played at Virginia.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking.  Kevin is the type you’re cool with your daughter going out with.  If Kevin doesn’t like you you’re probably a Trump-level creepshow.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking.  Kevin is the type you’re cool with your daughter going out with.  If Kevin doesn’t like you you’re probably a Trump-level creepshow.

I would trust Kevin with my life. I dont think he has a dishonest, mean bone in his body.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nate is in trouble now...He said some about Trae having learn how to play the right way.  That won't sit well with some posters.  Watch your back Nate!

In the post game presser? Yes, he mentioned the traps. He said it could take a season. I didnt like hearing that.

Edited by bleachkit