• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (The Next One)

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nate is in trouble now...He said some about Trae having learn how to play the right way.  That won't sit well with some posters.  Watch your back Nate!

He just wants Trae to put his body on the line for the team.  I know his agent doesn’t like it but I love it.  I won’t suggest that Trae checks on the the Squawk from time to time (why wouldn't he tho?) but he did damn near everything I said he never does in a rant this afternoon.  I swear everytime I trash Damian Lilliard on a message board he goes off it’s crazy.  I’m living rent free baby!

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Nate knows how to coach. This is a 20-14 team even with the injuries if we were better coached. As rigid as Nate is, LP was hardheaded. I will argue, that's a much worse trait. 

I know he has his own ideal staff in mind and it don’t involve none of these cats he got now.  He’s stuck with them for now hopefully they step up like the team did tonight.  I miss the days of being able to hear Kenny, Darwin, Taylor, or Quinn being additional (and more interesting than Bud) mouthpieces for the leadership and their much more esteemed reputations.

Gary Payton and Detlef sitting beside him would be a good look lol.

Edited by benhillboy

Just finished watching the game. What a difference a day (coach lol) makes. The S was tight and finished plays with follow through defense that was a joy to watch. We played well throughout even our slumps in the game didn’t last long because NATE CALLED A TIMEOUT EACH TIME AND ADJUSTED! 

Huerter was playing a lot looser. Some of those shots were incredible that bank one falling away was sweet. Trae killed them in the 4th ( @TheNorthCydeRises 😊) after getting people involved. Okongwu played inspired minutes and worked really well with Bogi in the two man game. Bogi with a couple timely 3’s. Capela and Collins were working it tonight. Capela is a beast this year man, I don’t know how he got snubbed from the all star game.

Congrats Nate on your 1st win as a Hawk! Hoping this is the start of a nice long winning streak. Tough gritty great road win!

GO HAWKS! 🥳 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

He just wants Trae to put his body on the line for the team.  I know his agent doesn’t like it but I love it.  I won’t suggest that Trae checks on the the Squawk from time to time (why wouldn't he tho?) but he did damn near everything I said he never does in a rant this afternoon.  I swear everytime I trash Damian Lilliard on a message board he goes off it’s crazy.  I’m living rent free baby!

Lol I notice stuff like that too. Look he probably has free time. He definitely reads what fans say about him. And this is the biggest hawks forum

Great win!  Great 4th quarter.  Trae goes off!  But:

How did Trae "suddenly" have a great 4th quarter when LP was gone?  How did he "suddenly" have a better defensive effort?  I just have to wonder about some things.

LP was, as old timers here in the mountains say, "Set in his ways."  Another way of saying "Bull headed."  He couldn't bring himself to change.  We're doing things this way.  Period.  No discussion.

Hawks opened the 4th quarter, if I remember correctly, with the entire 2nd unit on the floor and didn't change them out immediately.  Collins never came back.  Defense?  Then, when the rested starters came back, they exploded.  Things just worked, didn't they.  

Now, all of us fans let out a big breath.  That change in head coaches is over.  The first game with our new head coach is history.  If our beloved Hawks can just play a little over .500 ball for a while, we will be so excited to finish the season well and look to the playoffs.

As I said, you can't fire the entire team so you simply fire the coach.  Too many things went wrong and, as Nate McMillen said, "We were all responsible and LP gets the blame."  

:smug:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Great win!  Great 4th quarter.  Trae goes off!  But:

How did Trae "suddenly" have a great 4th quarter when LP was gone?  How did he "suddenly" have a better defensive effort?  I just have to wonder about some things.

LP was, as old timers here in the mountains say, "Set in his ways."  Another way of saying "Bull headed."  He couldn't bring himself to change.  We're doing things this way.  Period.  No discussion.

LP gets the blame."  

:smug:

Awesome post!  LOL!

• Thanks 1