• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tony shouldn't go to the bench till Hunter is back. If there is anyone that needs to go to the bench its Kevin. For either Cam or Bogi. Kevin gotta defend much better than he does. 

I was pissed at Kev but since the coaching change he’s playing a bit more fired up and got a couple huge boards to keep us alive, one seemed like a momentum changer for the game.

Having said that, Bogi had a couple huge threes as well. But agreed the defense can’t be as soft. He looks better offensively though in and around the paint with that 15-20 fadeaway over smaller dudes that Nique loves so much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I was pissed at Kev but since the coaching change he’s playing a bit more fired up and got a couple huge boards to keep us alive, one seemed like a momentum changer for the game.

Having said that, Bogi had a couple huge threes as well. But agreed the defense can’t be as soft. He looks better offensively though in and around the paint with that 15-20 fadeaway over smaller dudes that Nique loves so much. 

Kevin offense has been more consistent even if the 3s aren't falling. He's attacking the paint more and really shooting the middy

• Like 4

9 hours ago, hazer said:

Can we extend A’Capella until he’s 30, today? 😳

You’re using my A capela’s now? 😂 Oh the nickname game is a fun one! Though I tried it out in the other land and now I have the villagers coming after me with tomatoes 🍅. 😂 I think mostly millennials, they don’t seem to like me very much but I think they don’t “get me”.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, sturt said:

The real celebration will be truly justified when we get a grinder win after Trae doesn't contribute anything to the win in the 4th quarter.

What?  Why?   Trae only played 6 minutes of the 4th and had 8 points.    Are the Lakers saying 'well we suck unless we can win without Lebron in the 4th'.   Luka, Dame, Giannis?   

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You’re using my A capela’s now? 😂 Oh the nickname game is a fun one! Though I tried it out in the other land and now I have the villagers coming after me with tomatoes 🍅. 😂 I think mostly millennials, they don’t seem to like me very much but I think they don’t “get me”.

Started using that over a year ago and thought I came up with it 🤣

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What?  Why?   Trae only played 6 minutes of the 4th and had 8 points.    Are the Lakers saying 'well we suck unless we can win without Lebron in the 4th'.   Luka, Dame, Giannis?   

Some people seem to refute enjoyment from a victory from themselves and instead try to gatekeep enjoyment by moving goalposts and creating arbitrary 'goals' for what constitutes whether or not a win is valid.

Like all the things in his post could have happened last night and then we can go on this stretch and lose our next 5 games. Which is all understandable because a long losing streak seems imminent just due to difficulty of schedule and this is Atlanta sports fans we're talking about 90% of us have kicked puppy syndrome. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

Cool win, but we all know we need to start winning games with some consistency on both sides of the ball to keep this team together, 

We need to take wins as they come with Cam/Hunter and Capela out... worry about consistency when we have consistent health, we just need wins.

4 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Some liberal clowns could probably complain that we had too many white guys on the team and accuse the organization of denying opportunities to people of color!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Idiotic comment.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL.....you sure like to make up a bunch of $h!t.  

All I know is that phrase "Playing the right way" keeps rearing its ugly head from the coaching staff and now his own father.  LOL!

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

All I know is that phrase "Playing the right way" keeps rearing its ugly head from the coaching staff and now his own father.  LOL!

You continually fail to understand the basic concept that Trae plays better when he's a scorer first and then a facilitator.  Literally no one on this board ever has said that Trae getting assists is bad in and of itself.  The problem that some of us have had is that when he's singularly focused on being a facilitator instead of being the scorer and leader that the team needs him to be, it doesn't typically work out well for the Hawks.  

In the 1st yesterday, Trae scored 10 in the first and got into a rhythm and played better.  He still ended up with 8 assists which is a great number for him.  It also helps when the team shoots 70% from 3 in the last half of the 4th quarter.  I have no problem with passing to Snell in that situation as he was hot and open.  

I know you like to twist people's words to fit your own narrative, but let's at least try to stay accurate with our discussion.  

• Like 4